British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Sentimental pick?

Just my opinion here why I say Riss over Noddy and I do think I make a good argument even though Noddy would still get the majority vote.

Erik is in his mid 20's and he can improve as rider whilst Noddy's best days are behind him and he's on a downward spiral with no improvement left. 

Maybe! lol. I'd be wanting Poole to move back up if he said he'd be in the team. :D I'm not that sure about Erik, but prob haven't seen him ride enough. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So Batch and Riss is now out best hope? And 1.88 wasted. 

I really hope not,,, I went to every meeting last season,,, so I watched plenty of rubbish,,, so was hoping for a bit more from this new team.   Its a shame,, but currently I feel I won't be putting much effort into visiting next year,, if those are our final.2

Tbh while it’s a shame to be that far under the limit if they’re the final two, batch and riss both on falsely low averages coming off poor seasons, but riss rides Foxhall very well as has batch in the past, plus batch has had his best seasons when riding in a team with doyle so both could easily end up being trump cards, the only rider to score more points in the league than Danny king last season was bewley who’s now departed.

I dare say doyle will comfortably be the highest scoring rider in the league next year, starke and Rowe will be one of the strongest reserve pairings for sure, always question marks over Heeps seems to have and upward season and then a bad one but hopefully the influence of doyle can help him

Shame to give up so much of the team building limit but if you took all the numbers away and just showed me the names on paper against the other sides I’d be pretty happy tbh deffo think batch is a better option than buzz would’ve been, would of course take holder Snr in a heart beat but will believe the rumours when it’s confirmed, he’s supposedly been coming back to uk every off season for years now….

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The big issue last year was starting with riders effectively 1 position above where they should've been (Cam 3rd heat leader rather than 2nd string etc)

Looks like history repeating itself

What's that saying about the definition of insanity.....

You can't make the same mistake twice.... as the 2nd time you make it, its a choice

13 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Tbh while it’s a shame to be that far under the limit if they’re the final two, batch and riss both on falsely low averages coming off poor seasons, but riss rides Foxhall very well as has batch in the past, plus batch has had his best seasons when riding in a team with doyle so both could easily end up being trump cards, the only rider to score more points in the league than Danny king last season was bewley who’s now departed.

I dare say doyle will comfortably be the highest scoring rider in the league next year, starke and Rowe will be one of the strongest reserve pairings for sure, always question marks over Heeps seems to have and upward season and then a bad one but hopefully the influence of doyle can help him

Shame to give up so much of the team building limit but if you took all the numbers away and just showed me the names on paper against the other sides I’d be pretty happy tbh deffo think batch is a better option than buzz would’ve been, would of course take holder Snr in a heart beat but will believe the rumours when it’s confirmed, he’s supposedly been coming back to uk every off season for years now….

Yeah I get all of that that a couple could improve,,, but why not start with a better rider somewhere and still have the couple that could improve.  At the moment they have to improve just to claw back the deficit 

To use football,,, you wouldn't use a striker that averages 10 goals a season, when you could have one that averages 30 

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Sentimental pick?

Just my opinion here why I say Riss over Noddy and I do think I make a good argument even though Noddy would still get the majority vote.

Erik is in his mid 20's and he can improve as rider whilst Noddy's best days are behind him and he's on a downward spiral with no improvement left. 

But if Chris Holder drops .5 off his ave & Riss adds .5 to his ave, Holder is still the stronger rider!

Interestingly in the speedway star, they say the club will announce one more signing Thursday morning, which will leave the club needing one more to complete the team. 

So perhaps we may still get closer to the limit after all. 

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interestingly in the speedway star, they say the club will announce one more signing Thursday morning, which will leave the club needing one more to complete the team. 

So perhaps we may still get closer to the limit after all. 

In other word's,,, we haven't got a full team,,, and yet again we are struggling to find riders to fill it. 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In other word's,,, we haven't got a full team,,, and yet again we are struggling to find riders to fill it. 

Bit bizarre to name all 6, and then leave yourself no wiggle room by having to find a rider with the points you have left. 

So is it Batchelor or Riss announced in the morning..

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Bit bizarre to name all 6, and then leave yourself no wiggle room by having to find a rider with the points you have left. 

It is indeed!

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Both

No idea what that speedway star article was all about then!

Can someone get Louis a calculator for Christmas please, his appears to be broken!!

From being very excited when Doyle was signed I’m now totally underwhelmed.  And a bit angry. 
Any advantage we had with riders with potential to raise their average is negated with starting two points under the limit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

From being very excited when Doyle was signed I’m now totally underwhelmed.  And a bit angry. 
Any advantage we had with riders with potential to raise their average is negated with starting two points under the limit. 

Don't worry,, some will soon be along to convince you otherwise