British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't know what's going on in Scott's life, if anything at all , but his Champ Average this season is 8.21 from 11 meetings. His Prem average is 3.72 after tonight from 5 meetings.  There can't be that much difference  between the Leagues. Has his sharpness gone? Who knows, but it's not nice to see.

A few things for sure. I think you are right slightly tho his sharpness maybe has dropped off but it is such a shame too see him ride how he is atm 

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

A few things for sure. I think you are right slightly tho his sharpness maybe has dropped off but it is such a shame too see him ride how he is atm 

He's 44 it happens when trying to still compete at high levels.

It actually shows how superb last season's achievements were and they should never be forgotten.

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

I’d say he has a few concerns about Sophie Blake his ex partner and mum to Scott’s daughter - I’d say that could well be playing on his mind - he might have to make the same decision as Greg Hancock did when his wife wasn’t well - who could blame Scott if he decided to concentrate on media commentary ? 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’d say he has a few concerns about Sophie Blake his ex partner and mum to Scott’s daughter - I’d say that could well be playing on his mind - he might have to make the same decision as Greg Hancock did when his wife wasn’t well - who could blame Scott if he decided to concentrate on media commentary ? 

Yet he's riding well for Oxford. I don't want to make light work of any personal problems but they don't seem to be having any effect in the lower league. 

I think it just highlights that rightly there is a big gap between the leagues 

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, Haza said:

My point completely, yeah maybe he’s banging in decent scores for Oxford but it is what it is I guess, surely can’t not be affecting him so it would be harsh too replace him. Deserves his place in this team in my opinion, and hopefully an improvement in form will come 

Cant see any changes being made very soon based on the fact from heat 8 onwards last night the scores finished level (12 down at ht8 to losing by 12 at ht15) .

24 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Cant see any changes being made very soon based on the fact from heat 8 onwards last night the scores finished level (12 down at ht8 to losing by 12 at ht15) .

Ulrich is the weak link, not scoring a lot for Glasgow either, needs too be the change 

Panthers need a change or two otherwise they’ll be out of contention in record time. Problem being there’s very few options left in this country that could make a difference. Getting riders in from Europe can be pricey, will Buster splash the cash?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Panthers need a change or two otherwise they’ll be out of contention in record time. Problem being there’s very few options left in this country that could make a difference. Getting riders in from Europe can be pricey, will Buster splash the cash?

Short answer NO 

47 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Ulrich is the weak link, not scoring a lot for Glasgow either, needs too be the change 

As has been said Buster wont stump up cash hes used it down the road this season to put his beloved Lynn back on the map :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mateusz Tonder - whilst he might struggle at Wolves and Ipswich, he would be superb around the Showground that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

The lad Thomson at Edinburgh looks very consistent tbf. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'll mention him again as soon as he's fit Kildemand will be in there, I'd be shocked if he's not.  He's already agreed terms with Lynn and I'm sure they'd prefer to keep NKI for the season 

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The lad Thomson at Edinburgh looks very consistent tbf. 

Good shout.

• Haha 1