British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Don't forget we're talking about Eurosport here :rofl:

True 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, iainb said:

Maybe they should have worked on the track until 8pm like Sheffield did :)

1. They could have done but the conditions had deteriorated too far and any attempt would mess the track up further and Thursday night wouldn’t then have been an option.

2. Peterborough possess all the equipment needed including blades.

22 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

1. They could have done but the conditions had deteriorated too far and any attempt would mess the track up further and Thursday night wouldn’t then have been an option.

2. Peterborough possess all the equipment needed including blades.

So they could/should have called it off at 17:30?

• Like 1

Does anyone know if MPT will be available for Thursday nights showdown or will Kerr be his replacement. I'm not convinced that Kerr is a suitable replacement and blows hot and cold. Could be the difference between Panthers progressing to the final or being knocked out in the semis. 

13 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Does anyone know if MPT will be available for Thursday nights showdown or will Kerr be his replacement. I'm not convinced that Kerr is a suitable replacement and blows hot and cold. Could be the difference between Panthers progressing to the final or being knocked out in the semis. 

Heard nothing. I do agree on Kerr, however if he rides he naturally has my 100% backing, however of it doesn't bring in the desired result it has to be seen as a poor choice of guest.

Edited by Flappy

22 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Not true, you did that by agreeing with it....I disagreed with it's point so :cheers:

I see that you're a stevebrum clone, this'll be never ending, much like where the (oops, rain!) does or doesn't stop, G'day  :t:

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, iainb said:

So they could/should have called it off at 17:30?

Yes I think they could and if the cameras were not there I think they would have done.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:39 PM, orion said:

Easy it happens in loads of sports and is  accepted by the modern fan with no problem at all as the rules are known before hand .. “”only oap's who are stuck in a time warp cant understand or accept it .””

Yet again to show how stupid your point is the Pl has no Tv  coverage but still has play offs and is still running in oct ... at the end of the day your just the standard old fan who wants no play offs want a one off world final wants to bring back the a Golden Helmet and to bring back second halfs etc 

That is the reason Speedway is on its knees in the UK. The idiots in control put a system in place that oap’s, stuck in a time warp hated, when 90% of their customer base where just that. Laughable but very sad that they can be so dumb. Shift your customer base BEFORE implementing something that alienates so many fans, all now lost to the sport. 

There's no excuse for all fixtures not being streamed these days either. People moan about crowds but let people still pay the clubs when they're at home. There's many ways to make money, as it stands people follow twitter or updates.

4 hours ago, ouch said:

That is the reason Speedway is on its knees in the UK. The idiots in control put a system in place that oap’s, stuck in a time warp hated, when 90% of their customer base where just that. Laughable but very sad that they can be so dumb. Shift your customer base BEFORE implementing something that alienates so many fans, all now lost to the sport. 

i think most would think the polar oppo ...Speedway never done enough to attract  the Younger fans that is quite clear  by the ave age of the crowd hence why speedway is on its knees .

It's a myriad of reasons why our crowds are lower than we wish .......

Edited by Trees

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

Less than 24 hours to go and no team news.......

Was just thinking the same

The Panthers will be giving MPT as long as poss to see if he'll be ok to race, you know that!