British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

1 hour ago, screm said:

Underwhelming signing to finish the team off, the only positive is that it keeps Jye Etheridge in the reserve position, but I fear Proctor will be there soon enough. 

Yes and more pressure on Kyle.

15 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes and more pressure on Kyle.

I don’t see how.. Kyle starts at reserve… the lowest average in the team… if he bangs in 4-5 points regularly then that’s job done for him! 

36 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

I don’t see how.. Kyle starts at reserve… the lowest average in the team… if he bangs in 4-5 points regularly then that’s job done for him! 

Penny is due to drop for Bickley as well. Just wonder if a 2nd season at the same track could do wonders for him. In the drew kemp mould that they've learnt their trade time to kick on. Seem to remember Stevie worrall was kicking about the same kind of level then all of a sudden jumped from about a 3 to 6.5 with the enemy been heat leader ever since

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Never seen the word 'IF' used so much to describe a speedway rider ! 

He's a woeful signing....think I'd have saved 'Harris' as the last reveal ! :D

Woeful? He'd be exactly the kind of rider brum should have signed up for number 4 berth based on who is available! Experienced and knowledge of all tracks and more than capable of adding a point or point and a half on his 5.42 starting average

Who else do you guys have in the pipeline now then?

Gappmeier, Bates and Sedgman? At a push adam ellis?

Im lost to see who LR brings in, especially at no1 that can make you turn around and call proctor a woeful signing. As recently as 2019 he averaged 7.27 for Leicester. He is a steal on that basis

• Like 2

Think this season will end up being a "what could've been" for Berwick. If they'd just nailed that last signing it could've ended up being the best Bandits team in years and for me genuine title contenders. Proctor screams as a desperation signing to me and does show the lack of planning to go a near 2 points under the limit. 

Can only hope if its not working out with the initial side the promotion won't be shy to make a change.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Think this season will end up being a "what could've been" for Berwick. If they'd just nailed that last signing it could've ended up being the best Bandits team in years and for me genuine title contenders. Proctor screams as a desperation signing to me and does show the lack of planning to go a near 2 points under the limit. 

Can only hope if its not working out with the initial side the promotion won't be shy to make a change.

So because we’ve signed “1 weak rider” in Proctor, it’s immediately disregarding the other 6 we have. Half a point from Leon on his average, a point plus from Jye (which is very do-able) and that’s almost the 2 already! Bomber doesn’t really have bad meetings at Berwick so could add a little also! 
The promotion have taken a gamble and given us a new look team… the large majority had been crying out for it! 

I’m sure they’ll change if needs must but they’ll also give time too! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Who would you have had as the last signing then ??

I know Jorgensen was linked but didn’t want the championship this year let’s see mid season when he can up his wage demands and get a team spot

Edited by Tosh1218
Missed a sentence off

Proctor!!! Shame as Berwick looked half decent but that's a terrible signing 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Who would you have had as the last signing then ??

I know Jorgensen was linked but didn’t want the championship this year let’s see mid season when he can up his wage demands and get a team spot

Given his home track form compared to what Ty has ever done at Berwick I would suggest that Dany Gap would have been a “safer” option with the points to spare,but it’s Ty and let’s just give him the chance.

• Like 2

Better get some very strong stainless steel panels for Tys pit area.lol

Edited by soupy

10 minutes ago, soupy said:

Better get some very strong stainless steel panels for Tys pit area.lol

Also a good supply of dummies :blink:

• Haha 1

just need to be a good gater at berwick as  not many passes after the second bend really unless they make mistakes 

Edited by mac101

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

So because we’ve signed “1 weak rider” in Proctor, it’s immediately disregarding the other 6 we have. Half a point from Leon on his average, a point plus from Jye (which is very do-able) and that’s almost the 2 already! Bomber doesn’t really have bad meetings at Berwick so could add a little also! 
The promotion have taken a gamble and given us a new look team… the large majority had been crying out for it! 

I’m sure they’ll change if needs must but they’ll also give time too! 

It's hardly disregarding the other 6. But yes, when you essentially sign a second string/reserve in space of what could have been a genuine heatleadler then it will have a knock on effect to the rest of 6 and creates more pressure and expectation to perform.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Nothing to do with Hans Anderson been available at the right time before The twins upped there averages then  ?

No nothing at all.

Proctor’s terrible attitude towards racing prompted Leicester changes. Ty turned upto meetings with unwashed bikes from previous matches & then put 0% effort in regularly pulling onto the centre after half a lap , keeping the bike running & then riding off at the end of the race. 

Bates was injured & not returning , Proctor was literally taking the urine so he had to go for the good of the team spirit because his antics & attitude infuriated team mates, he officially resigned from the team but he left because he knew he was about to be sacked.

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Like 2