British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

But that doesn't explain why Leon Flint & Jordan Palin carried on scoring well after moving into the top 5! Their form suggest the jump up from reserve isn't so hard?

Palin, Brennan, Flint a lot better all round than Dan, at the moment, is the answer really

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Steve Worrall?

Would that fit? I guess it depends what is happening at reserve! 

Scuse me but I'm getting a bit muddled here.

Is this the Leicester or the Poole section:unsure:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Scuse me but I'm getting a bit muddled here.

Is this the Leicester or the Poole section:unsure:

Not sure how it's confusing when we are talking about Leicester. No one has mentioned Poole, apart from you! 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It's Dan Thompson 

Will Joe be the next one up or is this the start of  “the twins” going their own way? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Will Joe be the next one up or is this the start of  “the twins” going their own way? 

I think criticism of the twins and comparisons with Flint / Palin is unfair.

Flint had a full NDL season in 2018 and again in 2019 and would be 12-24 months ahead of the Twins and Palin may simply be a better rider at this point.

Due to Covid it's safe to say that both twins were thrown a bit in at the deep end in 2021, the NDL was not the League it once was in terms of depth and the CL is stacked with a lot of experienced second strings and reserves.

I think both are still ahead of the curve. Maybe time for them to split and I wonder if Joe might go to Oxford possibly, although that could be a big stretch for their parents at this stage of their careers until they become more self sufficient.

Probably level at this stage with likes of Bickley and  Edwards who have more experience.

Give them a break!

• Like 7

It’s unlikely the twins will be separated.
On Joe’s average I can’t think of many riders that are better or equal to him but I also think they are both worth another season & will only improve anyway. Dan struggled at number 2 but he will learn & build on 2021.

If we are sat here in 12 months & they have not kicked on again then I would agree on a 5+ average Dan would be a risk. 

Joe will be the next one announced . 

I can only assume Howarth will be back & then there is speculation of Anders Rowe which for me is a bit left field a name which has never been mentioned before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenny Lion said:

It’s unlikely the twins will be separated.
On Joe’s average I can’t think of many riders that are better or equal to him but I also think they are both worth another season & will only improve anyway. Dan struggled at number 2 but he will learn & build on 2021.

If we are sat here in 12 months & they have not kicked on again then I would agree on a 5+ average Dan would be a risk. 

Joe will be the next one announced . 

I can only assume Howarth will be back & then there is speculation of Anders Rowe which for me is a bit left field a name which has never been mentioned before.

I like the way the team has been developing with the first four signings. Not sure why Rowe is a left field name. Based on my experience at a couple of Team GB training days earlier in the season I would rank Rowe behind Flint & Brennan but ahead of Palin and everyone else. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure how it's confusing when we are talking about Leicester. No one has mentioned Poole, apart from you! 

You Poole supporters talking about Steve Worrall signing for Leicester? That's confusing, not to mention strange. Are you keen to offload him or something?