British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

36 minutes ago, justathought said:

I appreciate all that you have said. I do not doubt his commitment and effort, I personally feel that he has reached his level, in terms of ability. 

I could be totally wrong and I really hope he proves it.

Whilst all Lions fans will be hoping that Max gets it right soon, team decision makers in this sport have little patience and will only tolerate sub standard performances for a short period. A rider's effort/commitment/expenditure will not unfortunately count for much when ambitious teams are chasing silverware at the business end of the season.

4 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Whilst all Lions fans will be hoping that Max gets it right soon, team decision makers in this sport have little patience and will only tolerate sub standard performances for a short period. A rider's effort/commitment/expenditure will not unfortunately count for much when ambitious teams are chasing silverware at the business end of the season.

The best deal was to wait for the July GSAs and do a one-for-one replacement. A redeclaration would have decimated the team. On this basis, a rider with an average up to 4.53 was needed. If people don't like Max, perhaps they could suggest alternatives within that average constraint? 

• Like 1

I am sorry but it’s time for Max Clegg & Joe Thompson to go. With them in the side we have zero chance of winning anything. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I am sorry but it’s time for Max Clegg & Joe Thompson to go. With them in the side we have zero chance of winning anything. 

The 2,3,4&5 are really pulling up trees arnt they…

43 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Still saying that now about Max? The boy is a grafter, he’ll come good 

• Haha 1

Max Clegg obviously read my comments & decided to prove me wrong. Well done Max. Hopefully he will collect a winners flag on Sunday.

Just getting the humble pie out of the oven...

Much improved ride from cleggy. Let's hope he can hit the ground running at the lions den. He was trying way too hard last time out.

17 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Max Clegg obviously read my comments & decided to prove me wrong. Well done Max. Hopefully he will collect a winners flag on Sunday.

Max don’t read this but I do know he wouldn’t give 2 s***s what you think anyway.anyone that knows max knows he and his family put 100% into it.hopefully things are starting to go right for them now on..

Must admit, I was looking forward to reading plenty of "I was wrong" comments about Max Clegg

4 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Far from it, if the team is good enough to win by 20 points at home most weeks, they can afford to lose by 18 away & win the double!

• Like 1

I've noticed the Lions race their last home match on Aug 6th, then have to wait to race play-off / KOC matches.

Meanwhile the Lion Cubs have home matches on Sep 3rd & 10th.

So no racing at Leicester for nearly a month & as soon as the play-offs can start, there's two weeks they can't race while the NDL team do!

The first week in Sep is likely to be for the P/O QF, but surely by the second week they'd be wanting to race the SF of either competition?

Doesn't seem great planning, may end up racing into October / November lol!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've noticed the Lions race their last home match on Aug 6th, then have to wait to race play-off / KOC matches.

Meanwhile the Lion Cubs have home matches on Sep 3rd & 10th.

So no racing at Leicester for nearly a month & as soon as the play-offs can start, there's two weeks they can't race while the NDL team do!

The first week in Sep is likely to be for the P/O QF, but surely by the second week they'd be wanting to race the SF of either competition?

Doesn't seem great planning, may end up racing into October / November lol!

Meetings can be rearranged.

Maybe the Bates family just thought there was zero chance of them qualifying for anything! :rofl:

Anyways, us Pirates will end the Lions hopes in the KO Cup so don't panic, don't panic!

:D

Edited by Turnip

pretty much the same with most clubs why would they not bring play off forward and run them in decent weather rather than a wet september/october 

• Like 3