British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

If the Stadium has got Planning Permission for 80 Houses then whoever has made an offer must be offering big bucks.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/speedway-continue-armadale-despite-permission-21277831

Eighty Houses at todays prices is a lot of money, Speedway rent is loose change by comparison.

Seems it is under offer but reading this advert there is only one way it will go...

https://www.realla.co.uk/details/24115510

I've just put in an offer. Hopefully my Christmas double-dunt will put me in pole position.

Thanks everyone. Hope all is OK for the Monarchs. My in laws are from Falkirk and always enjoy a visit to Armadale when I'm up 

Hope it's good news for the monarchs ,hoping to get up to Edinburgh next season. 

• Like 1

I think we are all anxious about some news, 

But i get the feeling we would know something by now. I'm sure there is a cut off for registering with the champions league, and i think it would have been anounced by now if they had no intensions of taking part in the 2022 season. 

In regards to the stadium offer, whilst it can sound worrying its been on the table for many years - but nothing to say Edinburgh monarchs haven't made the offer themselves. (just pure speculation) with the support from the fans trust and just starting out in the speedway academy, with the managements experience within the sport I don't think they would have taken these risks if they were in doubt about the future of armadale, 

but im just a noob fan lol so im not 100%. but thats my 2 cents worth :D 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:06 PM, lewy said:

Hope it's good news for the monarchs ,hoping to get up to Edinburgh next season. 

By the time April comes around Nicola Krankie will have shut the border and banned all spectator sport due to a new Covid variant which causes a mild bout of hiccoughs so it's extremely unlikely you'll be seeing any speedway north of the border next season the way things are going.

Edited by Nickinho
Hit Enter before I'd finished.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, daza313 said:

I think we are all anxious about some news, 

But i get the feeling we would know something by now. I'm sure there is a cut off for registering with the champions league, and i think it would have been anounced by now if they had no intensions of taking part in the 2022 season. 

In regards to the stadium offer, whilst it can sound worrying its been on the table for many years - but nothing to say Edinburgh monarchs haven't made the offer themselves. (just pure speculation) with the support from the fans trust and just starting out in the speedway academy, with the managements experience within the sport I don't think they would have taken these risks if they were in doubt about the future of armadale, 

but im just a noob fan lol so im not 100%. but thats my 2 cents worth :D 

Think with the planning permission in place for housing I find it highly unlikely that the Monarchs Promotion would be able to match the money the land is worth when the land owner decides to sell..(only my opinion).Hopefully he  will hold on to it for a few years though.He does have good relationship with the Promotion,but he is not getting any younger.

Am suprised no season tickets are on sale yet for the 2022 season

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Am suprised no season tickets are on sale yet for the 2022 season

No team announced.

48 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

No team announced.

Yep I know that but loyal supporters would by tickets regardless and something does not add up.

6 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yep I know that but loyal supporters would by tickets regardless and something does not add up.

Received an email last week saying that renewals will be available early in the new year and will be shortly making announcements for the 2022 season, including much anticipated rider announcements. 

There seems to be a lot of people putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5. Don't think there's anything to be to worried about.

Just now, spt82 said:

Received an email last week saying that renewals will be available early in the new year and will be shortly making announcements for the 2022 season, including much anticipated rider announcements. 

There seems to be a lot of people putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5. Don't think there's anything to be to worried about.

Okay thanks.Wait and see …

15 minutes ago, soupy said:

What doesn’t add up,it’s at least 3 months to the start of the season, the Teams not been finalised,why would you sell season tickets.The Edinburgh Promotion are one of the longest serving in  the Sport.I think they know what they are doing.:rolleyes:

• Like 1