British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

35 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

if we want info, we gotta turn into the fbi and find out ourselves about newcastle now. 

Well, maybe they're still looking for 'press officer',,, or is it a case of everyone needing to be spoon fed, is it too hard to work things out yourself?

It'll all come out in the wash, some folk are so demanding these days. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

I’m sure “proper” qualified sparkys will take offence at those that do a “course” and say they are “qualified”.

Not really as they both went to college ( James was telling me ) last year at Glasgow & they both have past all the qualifications needed...

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Not really as they both went to college ( James was telling me ) last year at Glasgow & they both have past all the qualifications needed...

True but pretty sure they have to do so many working hours work on sight before their papers are fully signed off 

9 minutes ago, mac101 said:

True but pretty sure they have to do so many working hours work on sight before their papers are fully signed off 

Maybe that's exactly what they are now doing?

16 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

6 hours ago, wtf said:

Maybe that's exactly what they are now doing?

I did a 5 year apprenticeship to obtain my indenture and at the end of the 5 year you were put on what they called "black time" where you didn't get the full pay rate until you made up all the half hours and quarters you had been late in the morning or lunchtimes and all the unofficial days you had off (including sick days) were worked off... plus during "black time" the company had a tradesman being charged out at the full rate while the newly passed out apprentice only got 60% of the tradesman's rate until his "black time" had been worked off...

Also it didn't work the other way where to help the company if you did overtime them hours or days never came off your 5 year term or your "black time"... 

Nothing like experience and pushing out craftsmen after 13 weeks of training just dilutes the job... (hence the disparaging name I suppose) but there you go things change...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

When i did mine i missed collage on fri nights as didnt finish till 8 pm,couldnt miss going to derwent park ,look how i ended up:rofl:

• Haha 2

Pepe Franc injured now :( I know it was unlikely anyway, but there's another rider off the very short list...

We still need that 6 or 7 pointer to be able to push Wright to reserve to start winning more at home.

Hopefully that will come next.

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Kyle Bickley, replaces Jack Smith.

That was short and sweet.

Bit of a tea time teaser for everyone I wonder if we've had more number 7's since Grant took over or home wins :D

Edited by bloom89
  • Haha 1

Diamonds reveal new rider and give injury updates
Photo by Colin Poole
The Newcastle Advance Fire and Security Diamonds, in association with SecuriCorp announced this afternoon, another change to their reserve duo, allowing Jack Smith to concentrate on his Polish commitments and racing in the SGB National Development League for the Belle Vue Colts while bringing in Kyle Bickley, recently a surprise release from the Berwick Bandits Championship side.
Newcastle owner, Rob Grant said: "When we became aware that a young rider like Kyle Bickley had become available, we had little hesitation in making the approaches to bring him to Brough Park for the Diamonds. He will continue to fulfil his racing commitments to the Berwick Bullets NDL side, a side he very successfully captains, while coming to our Championship Diamonds, and his inclusion will certainly strengthen up our reserve end where points have been a little lacking of late.
"We pass on our massive thanks to Jack Smith for stepping up, and wish him very well for the future, and also would like to point out he is fully understanding and is fine with everything. Kyle will be in our side at number seven, for our next match at Plymouth on Tuesday and he's really looking forward to the challenge, also really keen to get racing on our newly refurbished track surface which has been complimented be everyone who's seen it and ridden it since the work was done. Kyle also, I should remind folk, scored an impressive 7+2 on his last visit, so we know he can do it at our place.
"That night at Plymouth, Paul Starke also makes his return to our colours after his ongoing injury and having Starkey back will add some vital fire-power back into our side while Matty Wethers won't be back just yet as he has reported back he feels he'll need another week or two to complete his recovery from injury and we will use Ashley Morris as a guest for him on Tuesday, while Bradley Wilson-Dean has issued another sick note for a month, and with no solid eight or nine-point rider available to come in to replace him at the moment, we have no option but to continue to use the rider replacement rule or bring in a guest at number one until he returns to racing."
With no home meeting this weekend, after Tuesday's SGB Championship match at Plymouth the Diamonds roadshow moves on to the Redcar Bears on Friday evening and then back home to the Newcastle Stadium (Brough Park) on Sunday when the Poole Pirates are in town, led by former Diamonds Steve Worrall and Danny King, along with the high scoring Richard Lawson, and once again it will be tapes-up at 4.00pm.
May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

When i did mine i missed collage on fri nights as didnt finish till 8 pm,couldnt miss going to derwent park ,look how i ended up:rofl:

Maybe that's why your a bus driver oops luxury coach operative :D

25 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Kyle Bickley, replaces Jack Smith.

Polish commitments, what as? 

• Haha 1