British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

12 hours ago, racerback said:

i would love to see crump at oxford but doubt it will happen 

Not sure anyone wants that wage bill around their necks for very little return again

• Like 2

NBJ and Mulford would make a team with a very strong reserve all season and a solid team throughout. With the Berwick and Kent connections so far, that could be a possibility

Edited by wtf

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Tommy Gun plus any half decent 2 pointer makes it look a cracking side

Plus Tommy Gun is a decent racer so entertainment value too

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Thomas Jorgensen 

Says he isn't doing championship this year

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wtf said:

That’s a shame. I always thought that he struggled to get to grips with the Newcastle track, but he was good to watch as he never stops trying. Has a lovely style too.

20 hours ago, racerback said:

i would love to see crump at oxford but doubt it will happen 

7 hours ago, wtf said:

Not sure anyone wants that wage bill around their necks for very little return again

Offer him what you can afford, not what he wants (same for every signing).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wtf said:

Well that’s interesting not like he’s outperformed the league particularly maybe focusing more on Denmark ?

Edited by Ryan555

Saw enough of Jack Thomas at Perry Barr last year to see the potential, the downside is that if the track isn't right (and it often wasn't) he will saunter.

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Well that’s interesting not like he’s outperformed the league particularly maybe focusing more on Denmark ?

Trying to make an impression in Poland along with Denmark and Sweden

50 minutes ago, Col said:

Saw enough of Jack Thomas at Perry Barr last year to see the potential, the downside is that if the track isn't right (and it often wasn't) he will saunter.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself a question. Should I race hard on a track I believe to be unfit or stay safe to race tomorrow

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, Technik said:

Sometimes you have to ask yourself a question. Should I race hard on a track I believe to be unfit or stay safe to race tomorrow

The riders in front of him during those races would probably disagree.

I'd like to see a new face in the Oxford line-up. There are a few youngsters in Europe that I believe will be ready for Championship racing in 2022. I understand the Poles are to opperate an U24 league but they will still have a squad of which only 7 will race so I think some riders would be better in British racing where they will be in the team each week.

In Denmark Tim Sorensen has been flying under the radar but I think British speedway could take him to the top.

From Sweden Casper Henriksen has been scoring at reserve in the top flight for 2 seasons.

Then there is Petr Chlupac from the Czech Republic he has excellent equipment & is very willing to learn.

Any of these would start on a 5.00 average, Maybe Henriksen would be better starting as reserve but the other two could fit straight into the top 5.