British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

New, New Cross memories

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Also a short home movie piece.  Sounds like it is taken from one of the videos a guy in Manchester put together. 

Yeah... I can't think of the guy's name - Roy, I think - but he did the Aces of Yesteryear videos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

Yeah... I can't think of the guy's name - Roy, I think - but he did the Aces of Yesteryear videos.

That was Roy Nicol.

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

Sounds right. I know i have a video somewhere of his with an England v USSR test at Plough Lane as one of the features. Distinct voice

2 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

That was Roy Nicol.

That's the one - thanks!

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

norbold - didn't you write a history book about New Cross Speedway? Can you give details/title please?

You gave the details yourself on a previous New Cross memories thread but someone seems to have deleted that thread…….

7 minutes ago, norbold said:

You gave the details yourself on a previous New Cross memories thread but someone seems to have deleted that thread…….

Wasn't it written by John Hyam? Everything else on the thread seems to have been written by him...

Edited by chunky

19 minutes ago, norbold said:

Thank you for the response Norman. And I must 'plead guilty' as being the "...someone seems to have deleted that thread..." I will try to find the details of your excellent New Cross book elsewhere. As always my best regards to you.

29 minutes ago, chunky said:

Wasn't it written by John Hyam? Everything else on the thread seems to have been written by him...

My sincere apologies for continued intervention on threads. I will do my best to avoid making so many in future.

Why are you doing this John........you know full well you wrote the review of this book and you even know where it is.

Is it your intent to destroy this thread also?

John, its very sad for me to say but what respect I had left for you has now melted away.

Please stop this and let others enjoy the threads.

Its not all about you!

Edited by andout

3 minutes ago, andout said:

Why are you doing this John........you know full well you wrote the review of this book and you even know where it is.

Is it your intent to destroy this thread also.

John, its very sad for me to say but what respect I had left for you has now melted away.

Please stop this and let others enjoy the threads.

I endorse your comment andout. I will stop responding to Posts and also creating any of my own. My apologies to anyone/everyone who I have offended with my comment offerings in the past.

14 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

I endorse your comment andout. I will stop responding to Posts and also creating any of my own. My apologies to anyone/everyone who I have offended with my comment offerings in the past.

What I want to know, John, is WHY you carry on playing silly buggers like this? All we want is for you to act like a normal person. Is your life that miserable that you have to spend your time on the internet being so bloody disruptive?

And why the feeble apologies? Every time you do that, you return in a couple of days and carry on as before. GROW UP!!!

Edited by chunky

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

Thank you for the response Norman. And I must 'plead guilty' as being the "...someone seems to have deleted that thread..." I will try to find the details of your excellent New Cross book elsewhere. As always my best regards to you.

Shut up, John. You KNOW the details of the book. This is just getting plain pathetic.

An interesting site for old sports stadia. Scroll down and a few photos of remains of the old stadium. Unfortunatelly not very good. When i visited the site there was certainly more to see of the terracing and , as i said previously the ticket office/entrance gate house

https://www.derelictlondon.com/londons-long-lost-sports-grounds.html

11 minutes ago, iris123 said:

An interesting site for old sports stadia. Scroll down and a few photos of remains of the old stadium. Unfortunatelly not very good. When i visited the site there was certainly more to see of the terracing and , as i said previously the ticket office/entrance gate house

https://www.derelictlondon.com/londons-long-lost-sports-grounds.html

Interesting link, Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd let you all know the news regarding the magical New Cross book about which John can't find any details...

He emailed me the link on the museum website for it, in case anyone wants it!

I know, I know, WHAT museum website? :rolleyes:

Do you need the link, Norman?

• Like 1