British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole Championship. 13/04/22

First league meeting for Pirates and one that might well go down to the wire. Pirates starting the season well and living up to being title favourites, but Birmingham wasn’t a good place to go last season when we were turned over very easily and suffered the loss of Stefan Neilsen to a bad injury which ruled him out for the rest of the season. Pirates never got to grips with a tricky track and Paco Castagna, Shanes and Morris all scoring well. 

This season though it’s all change and we start again on hopefully a better prepared circuit. Pirates need to come away with at least a point but will surely be targeting 3. Hopefully the weather will be better and the crowd big. Looking forward to coming up for what should be a thriller.

Thoughts? Will Birmingham hold off the Pirates to bag a home win, or will Poole prove a little too strong? 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Well sounds like the track is a lot better now and sorted from the base like what happened at Poole, so should be good racing! 

Prediction wise I can't decide, so I'll sit on the fence and say a draw lol.

Feel like the Pirates will hot 50 again. Re-laid track at Brum takes away any home advantage and rider for rider Poole just look better. Morris aside have any of the Brum team given a decent account of themselves yet? A run of tough opposition is only going to darken the mood around Perry Barr

Will definitely be a 'cracker' !

King/Lawson/Worrall are all double figure score riders at PB.

Where as, we only have Vissing/Ellis that will potentially bag 10 points or more.....

It will come down to the second strings scrapping for the minor placings.

I'll go for 40-50 Poole win....but with some close racing now that the track is in great condition.

36 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Who is this Pavo Cartagena, 

Paco’s half brother.B)

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Feel like the Pirates will hot 50 again. Re-laid track at Brum takes away any home advantage and rider for rider Poole just look better. Morris aside have any of the Brum team given a decent account of themselves yet? A run of tough opposition is only going to darken the mood around Perry Barr

Darken the mood ? There are so many positives at the moment ie track,  new promotion,  new era etc  , the only dark mood was the sky last night.:t:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

S4S, you're starting to sound like UK Martin :D....(joking)

• Haha 1

Birmingham to win easily,  Poole fans to be nowhere near Perry Barr but comment on social media like they were sitting in the pits.

Edited by Trackrat
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Birmingham to win easily.

We can hope :D nobody beats Poole easily.....

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Birmingham to win easily,  Poole fans to be nowhere near Perry Barr but comment on social media like they were sitting in the pits.

Just love it when Poole prove you wrong time and time again :t:

9 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Just love it when Poole prove you wrong time and time again :t:

You going?

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

You going?

Being I work makes it awkward, specially midweek, i was there when we clinched one of our many league titles :cheers:

Just now, Arthur54 said:

Being I work makes it awkward, specially midweek, i was there when we clinched one of our many league titles :cheers:

That's a no then, seems i was right. :cheers: