British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Redcar v Poole 13/5/22

4 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Hey mate, your more like a swede than a turnip.:blink:

Seriously it was a good win for Poole.

Are you coming down next Wednesday Neil?

Yep I will be there.

I'll be at the next 3 home meetings vs Berwick, Edinburgh & Leicester:party:

18 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Yep I will be there.

I'll be at the next 3 home meetings vs Berwick, Edinburgh & Leicester:party:

:t:

3 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

:t:

Looking forward to seeing everyone down at Fortress Wimborne Road :t:

All travel & accommodation sorted :D

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Stream was good. Very long grading breaks though with just a bit of background noise. I think Redcar need a DJ like Karl at Poole as I couldn't help but smile at the rendition of Clive Dunn's 'Grandad'!!! 40-50 will do for me.

I was at the meeting and they played that song as a birthday request for a Redcar fan who had just became a Grandad 

Edited by KEITH M

Great result, didn't think we would win. Good racing on a well prepared track. I don't think we should criticise the streaming too much especially as 24 hours earlier there wasn't going to  be any. Well done. 

• Like 1

We needed all 3 heat leaders to score double figures. And for Roynon and Andersen to chip in with at least 5. Fair play to the Pirates, they deserved the win. Both the Cooks scored well, and Kemp got his customary double figures.
Thought the Track was far to dry, and Riss did not use the outside at all.
Will Andersen be going to miss our meetings at Poole and Birmingham. As they are Wednesday nights.

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

We needed all 3 heat leaders to score double figures. And for Roynon and Andersen to chip in with at least 5. Fair play to the Pirates, they deserved the win. Both the Cooks scored well, and Kemp got his customary double figures.
Thought the Track was far to dry, and Riss did not use the outside at all.
Will Andersen be going to miss our meetings at Poole and Birmingham. As they are Wednesday nights.

Was that because they thought it was going to rain. As in the pre meeting interviews they kept mentioning the clouds!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KEITH M said:

I was at the meeting and they played that song as a birthday request for a Redcar fan who had just became a Grandad 

I understand that and if there had been some comment about it on the livestream I wouldn't have commented further - its not as if the commentator was saying anything else!!

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Was that because they thought it was going to rain. As in the pre meeting interviews they kept mentioning the clouds!

Warm weather and strong winds all afternoon meant the track was drying out as fast as they could get water into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1