British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 18/5/22

Long to rain over us

God save the Pirates 

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t believe I am reading it’s off! No rain so far and it seems extremely premature to me. Yes there’s rain coming up from the south west but it could pass to the west of Poole.  I hope it doesn’t but think quite a few fans will turn up at the stadium tonight wondering what the hell is going on if it’s a dry evening.

Rotten luck to Turnip coming all this way at great expense. I wonder if the Poole promotion can treat him when he is next down? Skidder is it possible to bring it up with Danny so he can get a tour of the pits and watch a heat or 2 from centre green? Just a thought.

Dont think turnip on the centre green is going to be possible - he will probably take root!!!:party:

ps. Danny Ford explains the early decision in the Echo online.  Plenty of days/dates available to reschedule:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

In accurate. The rain is to the west of Poole. I am 1 and a half miles from the track and it’s bone dry outside.

However, any fans coming from west of Poole might be put off attending as the rain is not far away. Will Poole get a dowsing? Not 100% sure to be honest as it’s close but running up the country west of Poole. Next hour will say whether we will get heavy rain or not. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Dont think turnip on the centre green is going to be possible - he will probably take root!!!:party:

ps. Danny Ford explains the early decision in the Echo online.  Plenty of days/dates available to reschedule:t:

Wherever I lay my hat that's me home :D

7 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Raining hard in Wimborne now

Other Poole fans on twitter are saying it is raining in Poole now too. Seems to be the correct decision. 

No rain at the Travelodge in Poole but the sky looks like a zit that needs squeezing! :lol:

Edited by Turnip

No rain in Parkstone. The main heavy rain has missed. But there is a small cell of heavy rain which might hit in the next 30 mins. Other than that nothing else. But probably the right call considering the closeness of the rain. It could have hit and no doubt would have affected attendance.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

Dunno, are u peed off coz u have travelled & lost money?

I've lost about £130 on travel & accommodation, yes I'm well peed off but it is wot is. 

I hope it rains & so will the Poole promotion to justify the decision but if it doesn't rain u can only go on the forecast.

The promotion would've taken everything into consideration before making the call. It's probably already cost them money & hassle to call it off.

There's a lot more things that go on behind the scenes to sort out to get a meeting on than we the humble fan will ever appreciate.

They are certainly not lazy!

Well, technically by the sound of your last post, you haven't really lost it. Why not have a night out in Poole and enjoy the local amenities, ye never know,,, you might meet a nice Swede? ;)

• Haha 2

Tipping it down at the Travelodge now! Feel slightly better now the rain as arrived :party:

Edited by Turnip

Raining in Parkstone. Should clear soon but it matters little anyway.

This is more exciting than any Speedway meeting :lol:

Will it, won't it?

Did it, didn't it?

Should it, shouldn't it?

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Tipping it down at the Travelodge now! Feel slightly better now the rain as arrived :party:

Yeah, well you always do better in moist conditions. ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, technically by the sound of your last post, you haven't really lost it. Why not have a night out in Poole and enjoy the local amenities, ye never know,,, you might meet a nice Swede? ;)

I went to bed with a Swede when I went to Oxford but kicked her out the next morning coz I found out she was a Cheetah! :rofl: