British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gringo

Redcar Bears vs. Edinburgh Monarchs 22/5/22 5 p.m

22 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Come on.

You know they can't change a rider in Heat 15 due to injury.

He must have a medical assessment & be withdrawn before that happens.

You can, Masters replaced Castanga at Berwick in Heat 15 in the same circumstances.

Edited by Fromafar

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You can, Masters replaced Castanga at Berwick in Heat 15 in the same circumstances.

Castagna must of been assessed as unable to ride.

Even "Shads" waiting to hear what is going  on.

Don’t know why they didn’t call it off after the heavy shower as most people around me ( and myself) said  it was going to be abandoned. Unless it was to give the juniors a chance after waiting patiently I and others couldn’t understand why they wanted to run heat 15 as Redcar had the 3 points and it was only Edinburgh who should lose out if they conceded a 4-2 or a 5-1.. How would Redcar fans of felt if Lewis Kerr or Erik Riss been injured in the re run? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The track had been watered more at the start than after the shower why couldnt just get on with it!

Track was very deep on the outside & slick on the inside but with the track record being broke twice today how can the track men be criticised

9 hours ago, Gringo said:

Come on.

You know they can't change a rider in Heat 15 due to injury.

He must have a medical assessment & be withdrawn before that happens.

2022 Regulations 011.1.27Heat 15

In a re-run of heat 15, a non-disqualified rider who is unable to take part, may be replaced by a reserve or another ‘qualified’ rider.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

2022 Regulations 011.1.27Heat 15

In a re-run of heat 15, a non-disqualified rider who is unable to take part, may be replaced by a reserve or another ‘qualified’ rider.

So if a rider damages his machinery but remains fit is he 'unable to take part'?

I could argue it either way, it seems totally open to being interpreted both ways.

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So if a rider damages his machinery but remains fit is he 'unable to take part'?

I could argue it either way, it seems totally open to being interpreted both ways.

Aren't most Speedway regulations? :D

Thanks to young Kyle Bickley. Didn’t let us down.

A lot of pressure on our 3 Aussies, especially away from home with Sarj being out for a length of Tim.e

Reaching Top 6 going to be a challenge with Lasse and Paco so poor yesterday.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

That’s Speedway!!
To be fair Castanaga was injured in the Berwick match.

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Thing to remember is that the team has selected what they deem to be the best two riders, so any changes are effectively weakening them- therefore it isn't an option to choose to give them an advantage. It is to ensure the team (and the public) are not being penalised 

• Like 1

Enjoyed my trip to Redcar as always

If you want any shale back, it was all over my kitchen floor, bathroom floor and bedroom floor and is now in my hoover. I’ve been clouded in dust at Redcar many a time but never hit by so much shale. I know we should’ve moved but old habits die hard and it’s like the good old days

Many thanks to Kyle Bickley for stepping in and having a right go

Speedy recovery to James (Serj.) You are / will be missed but all the best mate

On 5/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, northyorksbear said:

Thing to remember is that the team has selected what they deem to be the best two riders, so any changes are effectively weakening them- therefore it isn't an option to choose to give them an advantage. It is to ensure the team (and the public) are not being penalised 

Totally agree with you, any rider who comes in to replace an injured rider, could have been picked in the first place, so no advantage gained.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:40 AM, Endeavour said:

Thanks to young Kyle Bickley. Didn’t let us down.

A lot of pressure on our 3 Aussies, especially away from home with Sarj being out for a length of time

Reaching Top 6 going to be a challenge with Lasse and Paco so poor yesterday.

Can't see Monarchs having much of a chance of making the top 6 tbh. Once Sarjeant goes into the top 5, whilst using r/r Fredriksen & Hook would need to take 11 rides between them!

Edited by szkocjasid

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 12:24 PM, northyorksbear said:

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree with you, any rider who comes in to replace an injured rider, could have been picked in the first place, so no advantage gained.

Sometimes if a meeting is already won & the away team can not get a losing point, you can put 2 of your lesser riders in to gain heat 15 experience.