British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Why does everybody hate Poole?

2 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Right ok, I'm a young fan only been going speedway for just over 10 years with a large gap in between. One thing I've always heard from pretty much every fan I've met is the disliking for Poole. Now don't get me wrong I think alot of is jealousy but I've heard some very weird stories of why alot of fans take a disliking to them. When I've been to Leicester the atmosphere seems to turn up a notch or two cause Poole are in town. Can anyone give me a reason or reasons why they are not every ones seconds team? 

I don’t hate Poole,look forward to good teams visiting,whoever they are.

2 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Right ok, I'm a young fan only been going speedway for just over 10 years with a large gap in between. One thing I've always heard from pretty much every fan I've met is the disliking for Poole. Now don't get me wrong I think alot of is jealousy but I've heard some very weird stories of why alot of fans take a disliking to them. When I've been to Leicester the atmosphere seems to turn up a notch or two cause Poole are in town. Can anyone give me a reason or reasons why they are not every ones seconds team? 

Simply put: Poole is run 100% for the benefit of Poole (management + supporters) this has been done very successfully by Matt Ford who is very good doing what he does. However Poole's success is to the detriment of the rest of the league not least their balance sheets!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

. I don't think 'everybody' hated them 

? you normally talk so much sense :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Simply put: Poole is run 100% for the benefit of Poole (management + supporters) this has been done very successfully by Matt Ford who is very good doing what he does. However Poole's success is to the detriment of the rest of the league not least their balance sheets!

Explain the balance sheet?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

you seem to know more about the finances of poole speedway .so could you let us know what the situation is we loved to know ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

The sport would be far worse off if there was no 'Poole' speedway!

The title of the topic may be better worded if it read 'Why are a lot of forum members envious of Poole Speedway' ? :D

Personally, I don't do 'Envy'!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I do not hate Poole in fact Poole were one of my favourite clubs as my Favourite rider of all time Brian Crutcher came from there. The dislike some people have for them comes from the perceived antics of latter day management

• Like 3

Everything about the Poole Pirates oozes success & I travel as much as I can from my Derbyshire home to support them.

I was once asked why I support them considering where I live, simple answer is that they win  things.

So hate/love em .......I love em! :t:

#piratepride :cheers:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Everything about the Poole Pirates oozes success & I travel as much as I can from my Derbyshire home to support them.

I was once asked why I support them considering where I live, simple answer is that they win  things.

So, will you stop supporting them when they stop winning things? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The sport would be far worse off if there was no 'Poole' speedway!

The title of the topic may be better worded if it read 'Why are a lot of forum members envious of Poole Speedway' ? :D

Personally, I don't do 'Envy'!

The reason I used the word hate is simply because that's what I've heard from fans . It's not my opinion I really couldn't care how well Poole do. But when Poole came Leicester I was speaking to fans from Leicester, Wolverhampton, Peterborough etc and the word hate was used alot

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Sad trophy hunter

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Sad trophy hunter

Thought you would be on here, when the word "hate Poole" is mentioned 

We are hated because we can't stop winning, we collected trophys in the old National league days, we collected trophys in the Premier league and it has carried on into the championship, Poole are just a trophy winning machine 

• Like 1