British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Gladiators 15/06

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Did I hear correctly the other night on the FreeSports Swedish coverage that Adam Ellis has been binned off by his Swedish team... Perhaps Brummies may be interested in re-signing him again if that is the case :lol:

Didn't think you could re-sign a rider once he'd gone?!

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Didn't think you could re-sign a rider once he'd gone?!

Rule 1 in the Speedway supporter rulebook

Any rule in the rulebook can be manipulated in the best interests of the sport

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Rule 1 in the Speedway supporter rulebook

Any rule in the rulebook can be manipulated in the best interests of the sport

Should that read..... in the best interests of 'Poole' ? .....  just teasing Poole fans! I'm not jealous at all :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Did I hear correctly the other night on the FreeSports Swedish coverage that Adam Ellis has been binned off by his Swedish team... Perhaps Brummies may be interested in re-signing him again if that is the case :lol:

Couldn't think of anything worse! Ellis can sling his hook as far as I'm concerned! Can't be doing with 'greed'!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Should that read..... in the best interests of 'Poole' ? .....  just teasing Poole fans! I'm not jealous at all :D

Haha. Always in the best interests of Poole :D:P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha. Always in the best interests of Poole :D:P

You know I'm only joking Lisa  :D just 'firing' up the anti-Poole brigade (which I'm not a member of ) :D

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

The Vissing situation was foreseen by many people in the pre-season chat in the forums. With SO long being spent "checking fixture lists" prior to the signing, I can only conclude that this is no accident. And as for what I'd have done differently, I'd have made sure that some last year's riders were paid in full and on time so that they weren't in such a hurry to leave the club. Maybe then, some more options would have been available to choose from.

As for Ellisgate, again, plenty of people have expressed their grievances on here. No need to repeat it all again.

You can’t blame the new owners for previous debts Martin and as far as I’m aware Riss, Harris & Castagna have no issues at all the new owners.  
when negotiations commenced with Vissing he had no guarantee of a Danish spot as he was part of squad.  Of course it’s not ideal but who else was there available to sign. 
i could post a long list of riders that were contacted but decided they didn’t want to or couldn’t commit to UK racing in 2022!  

• Like 1

Firstly well done to the track staff as it had been a Hot day and there was little or no dust to contend with, secondly I enjoyed the meeting with some good racing mainly provided by Josh Pickering who was undoubtebly man of the meeting, I guess there are two thoughts to the result in that did Birmingham win it or Plymouth lose it ?, IMO and its only my opinion Plymouth lost it and here why I think that; Ht 4 Morley given as fell when it should have been all 4 back and Morley was good for a point in that race, Ht 13 Nicholls Ef when good for at least a point in that race thats my reasoning in my opinion, now the riders, I have to admit to being disappointed with the performance of Alfie Bowtell and Palm Toft, Ben Morley had whats best described as an up and down meeting, Scott was always in the mix of things, and Ben Barker couldnt really have done much more, Hans Andersson was steady, For the Brummies, As Iv already said Josh Pickering was man of the meeting, Ricky Wells aint a No1 whoever he rides for, Stefan rode well for his 8 points, and Sedgy was poor and seems to be a gating tart, James Shanes scored half decent but nowt more than he should have, Ashley scored half a dozen but hasnt really kicked on over the past few seasons.

The crowd I would estimate as around 600 or 700 if Im being generous this on a lovely summers evening made up of aprox 250/300 in the upstairs bar and the remainder outside and downstairs, I and my better half availed myself of the offer to Cradley/Coventry fans but we simply couldnt justify 2 of us paying full price for a nights Speedway especially as she isnt really interested but came along as we had been in Town earlier and agreed I would go with her if she would come with me, so I guess £20 for the 2 of us, which from Brums perspective this Is better than full price for 1. Junction 7 being closed on the way home was a pain in the backside which meant going on to Walsall to get back to Cradley Heath (as if Petrol aint expensive enough) had I have known I would have gone the alternative route past the Baggies ground.

Let me explain why 2 of us paying full price cant be justified by us, The wife wanted to eat at a particular restaurant in Town (Brum) drove to the Hawthorns Tram and parked up, return Tram fare for 2 = £8-20, Food for 2 = £26-00 (included 10% discount for cash), entrance to Speedway x 2 = £20-00 plus 2 x J20,s and whatever fuel we used getting there and back so all in all thats about £60 ish which is fair enough for an evening out, but if we paid full price for the Speedway that would have pushed it up to around £80 which some might say is fine but thats our weeks budget for entertainment so it comes down to personal choice, and when the footy season starts that usually gets the budget.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

You know I'm only joking Lisa  :D just 'firing' up the anti-Poole brigade (which I'm not a member of ) :D

They definitely don't need firing up! lol ;)

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Couldn't think of anything worse! Ellis can sling his hook as far as I'm concerned! Can't be doing with 'greed'!

I think you will find Ellis is blameless. Offered a 28 day contract which he honoured plus some.  His schedule doesn’t allow for championship once all his other leagues start. 
he got you out of a muddle in my opinion. It was the promotion who were economical with the truth that caused the fuss. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

:D

Talking of Poole haters whatever happened to Gavan, the exchanges between him/her and Starman were legendary 

19 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, after all speedway fans and even more so, promoters and managers are such a reliable source of information ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ekimba said:

Talking of Poole haters whatever happened to Gavan, the exchanges between him/her and Starman were legendary 

He was on here last week when we lost to Leicester! So prob just waiting for the next home loss ;)

Edited by lisa-colette