British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar CL 1/7/22 @19.30

We went with the option of three 7+ heat leaders, and 2 rookie reserves. Edwards has come on lots, also helping other teams getting away wins. Jenkins progress has not been as rapid. He is still very poor away from home. Roynon was a strange choice. Had been away since 2018. Until his return at Newcastle last year. Scores have been very poor at home, and woeful away. Andersen has also not lived up to the expectations the club thought he would acheieve.
Edinburgh have now gone above us. We are currently 6th. Away meetings at Plymouth and Poole, and any points gained there will be a bonus. Cannot afford to slip up in our 3 remaining home meetings against Berwick, Glasgow and Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

We went with the option of three 7+ heat leaders, and 2 rookie reserves. Edwards has come on lots, also helping other teams getting away wins. Jenkins progress has not been as rapid. He is still very poor away from home. Roynon was a strange choice. Had been away since 2018. Until his return at Newcastle last year. Scores have been very poor at home, and woeful away. Andersen has also not lived up to the expectations the club thought he would acheieve.
Edinburgh have now gone above us. We are currently 6th. Away meetings at Plymouth and Poole, and any points gained there will be a bonus. Cannot afford to slip up in our 3 remaining home meetings against Berwick, Glasgow and Scunthorpe.

Totally agree with that ! But to come into the season 1.5pts under the limit we were asking for trouble, we've got what we deserve .Kasper surprisingly  has been disappointing, but Roynon was never going to up his average only scored well at reserve for Newcastle last season ,that been down to the fact it's a gaters track and struggled when moved up into the team.To drop  Anders Rowe last season who at least had potential and stick with a rider this season who has offered nothing and is going backwards literally seems strange. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bororedlion said:

Totally agree with that ! But to come into the season 1.5pts under the limit we were asking for trouble, we've got what we deserve .Kasper surprisingly  has been disappointing, but Roynon was never going to up his average only scored well at reserve for Newcastle last season ,that been down to the fact it's a gaters track and struggled when moved up into the team.To drop  Anders Rowe last season who at least had potential and stick with a rider this season who has offered nothing and is going backwards literally seems strange. 

Would that be the same Anders Rowe that has been ‘dropped’  by other clubs too and not because of his scoring ?

Love keyboard warriors who jump on the keyboard as soon as it’s isn’t going how it was hoped. There was already a shortage of riders when Roynon was signed.  If everyone was riding to their ability then Roynon would only need to score his previous average and the club would be fine, but their not , so it isn’t but then that’s how it goes sometimes, teams rarely perform to the pre season hype, as Glasgow fans will testify.

hoped.

3 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Perhaps moving on MPT hasn't worked. 

3 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Well the way injuries are hitting us and inadequate performing riders (apart from Ryan Douglas ) I don't think the Scorpions will be much of a threat to you maintaining top 6 position.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Would that be the same Anders Rowe that has been ‘dropped’  by other clubs too and not because of his scoring ?

Love keyboard warriors who jump on the keyboard as soon as it’s isn’t going how it was hoped. There was already a shortage of riders when Roynon was signed.  If everyone was riding to their ability then Roynon would only need to score his previous average and the club would be fine, but their not , so it isn’t but then that’s how it goes sometimes, teams rarely perform to the pre season hype, as Glasgow fans will testify.

hoped.

Keyboard warrior pmsl, I like to think paying customer.If I jumped on the keyboard as soon as it wasn't going as I hoped how come I didn't post after Edinburgh,Birmingham,and Scunthorpe where we should of won ?and Poole at home. Check my previous posts and see if I have been critical of Redcar . Just because I don't agree with your rose tinted glasses opinion of "Roynon would only need to score his previous average and the club would be fine "A case of would of could of should of ?" So last year he averaged 5.20 this year he's averaging 2.50 that's acceptable and we shouldn't try to make improvements.I will turn up every week like I did in the Brian Havelock wooden spoon era,Unlike some of the fans as once the football season starts if theirs nothing to race for the crowd will drop.

• Like 1

you lot still dining out on the Redcar win ? lol