British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunny v Leicester 22.7.22 Platty Joobs thing

1 thing still puzzles me though... why as a camera operator would you pan away from a couple of riders swinging handbags? Unbelievable!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Track surface looks as bad as Leicester's on the 3rd turn... turn 4 doesn't look much better either

Track was smooth very slick so so it seems your moaning about something else about Scunthorpe..you are very tedious..you would love a track like ours..hmm jealousy is not healthy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Its a mandatory 7 days suspension whatever the illness. I think it was brought in to prevent riders throwing a sickie when due to visit a track they didnt like!

Regulation  is:-

010.5(H) sick or carrying a non-speedway injury, the rider must immediately inform the SCB and their club. A Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness/injury occurring in which case the rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the first meeting missed

Not a fan of this rule:

1) basically it's brought in to stop riders / teams "cheating"

2) unfortunately if a rider is really ill, he then had to miss a week of racing - if I'm not well enough for work, I do t have to take a whole week off, so why do speedway riders?

3) if a rider is fit to return, but has to wait 7 days - means MORE GUESTS being used

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance. 

At Long Eaton there was only ever one race time needed ......'Fast Enough!' :D

9 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Track was smooth very slick so so it seems your moaning about something else about Scunthorpe..you are very tedious..you would love a track like ours..hmm jealousy is not healthy 

Blimey some of you Scummy fans are so defensive! Must have been my TV then, I'll give it a dust

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance. 

1. 59.6

2. 58.8

3. 59.4

4. 58.2

5. 58.4

6. 58.1

7. 58.2

8. 58.4

9. 58.7

10. 58.2

11. 59.6

12. 57.5

13. 58.4

14. 60.1

15. 58.7

• Like 1

Quality meeting that, nice to be in the crowd for a change too!

Ryan Douglas, what a guy, us Scorpions fans can only hope his signature is already inked for 2023..

Zaine Kennedy man of the match for me, very unlucky with his puncture in heat 14..

Adam Roynon also put in loads of effort for little reward, effort goes a long way at Scunthorpe and I'm sure he'll become a crowd favourite in the coming weeks..

It does take two teams to make a great meeting - and fair play to the Lions, Howarth, Lawson and Worrall were on it.. was also pleasing to see Max Clegg in the points after some online criticism

• Like 1

My first time at Scunthorpe last night and I was really impressed with everything.  Loved the track.  Basic facilities, but who cares. The track was great and the riders

performed.  Great advert and will be back sooner rather than later. Zaine Kennedy def Man of the match but was a solid team performance from Scunthorpe and they deserved the win.  Think the score slightly flattered Leicester, but you need 2 good teams to make a good match.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Just wondering who Scunnys team manager was. not heard of him before, someone said hes connected to Kings Lynn?

Kevin Moore, I've never heard of him before but I'm sure I've seen him in the pits at your place earlier in the season

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Just wondering who Scunnys team manager was. not heard of him before, someone said hes connected to Kings Lynn?

Kevin Moore. Used to sponsor a heat a few years ago & is one of Simon Lambert's main sponsors with ties to their family business.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

1. 59.6

2. 58.8

3. 59.4

4. 58.2

5. 58.4

6. 58.1

7. 58.2

8. 58.4

9. 58.7

10. 58.2

11. 59.6

12. 57.5

13. 58.4

14. 60.1

15. 58.7

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shockster said:

My first time at Scunthorpe last night and I was really impressed with everything.  Loved the track.  Basic facilities, but who cares. The track was great and the riders

performed.  Great advert and will be back sooner rather than later. Zaine Kennedy def Man of the match but was a solid team performance from Scunthorpe and they deserved the win.  Think the score slightly flattered Leicester, but you need 2 good teams to make a good match.

Just goes to show, give the riders a good race track and they will do the rest. Good meeting, great racing.

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Kevin Moore. Used to sponsor a heat a few years ago & is one of Simon Lambert's main sponsors with ties to their family business.

And has often done the centre green announcing at Lynn over the years, more so for Boston in their CL days but for the Stars too on many occasions. 

• Thanks 1