British Speedway Forum
Gringo

British U-19 Final at Redcar 21/7/22 at 7.30 p.m.

The entrance fee for this meeting is £10.

But if you cannot attend it is being streamed for £11.99.

Even if you live as close as Middlesbrough it will still cost you as much as £2 in petrol money, so don't knock it.

The line-up can be seen on Bears website & Facebook.

This has to be Flint's to lose imo, although looking forward to seeing how Max Perry and Jody Scott get on as they seem to have been scoring pretty well in the NDL

• Like 1

More of a strong favourite to be fair, I think he's still pretty beaten up from a big off at Glasgow last Friday. The thing with the old-fashioned 20 heats is that there's no way back from an engine failure, puncture, fall through the semis and final.

Perry, Pijper and Scott form an interesting sub-plot because they could conceivably be battling it out for this title for the next five years.

Edited by George Dodds

What ever way you look at it Leon Flint is head and shoulders above any other rider in this line up, to be honest it will be more of a shock if he doesn't win it. Yes there is the un-knowing factors of engine failures, falls, re-runs etc but Leon is the best rider there and should win.

Luke Harrison in for Little Vinnie.....

Another sparkling 15-year-old prospect.    This will be interesting, to see who's looking strongest between Luke, Max Perry, Ace P and Jody Scott, as these lads could be Britain's future in a few years' time......

• Like 3

I thought Jody Scott was unlucky in heat 2 I wasn't sure he moved in the original staging of the race and then the rerun ref seemed to hold the tapes for an eternity and then it looked like Kelly moved before Scott, and was Kelly under power when the red lights went on?

Got to say I was pretty impressed with some of the riders last night. Leon Flint was always an obvious winner, but the standard was better than I was expecting.

The main thing that caught my eye is just how good some of these kids are at such a young age. Five of them are only 15 I think (Max Perry, Max James, Luke Harrison, Jody Scott, Ace Pijper?), and a couple only one year older. Maybe the future isn't quite so bleak.

Edited by baiden
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I thought Jody Scott was unlucky in heat 2 I wasn't sure he moved in the original staging of the race and then the rerun ref seemed to hold the tapes for an eternity and then it looked like Kelly moved before Scott, and was Kelly under power when the red lights went on?

Some decisions were open to debate and certainly caused comment amongst the competitors in the bar.