British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kent

In the middle

Guest kent

As a follower of speedway and football can anyone tell me the speedway tracks that had a football pitch in the middle.

Halifax's Shay Ground was one i remember, Bristol also had a footie pitch inside, Glasgow has one now, but i think its only a youth/boys club size pitch,

they are the ones i know of that i have been to in my time.

Poole, Wembley, Exeter had a rugby pitch. Same with Hull at the Boulevard really there are/were heaps.

Celtic Park :D ,Hampden and Paisley

Halifax's Shay Ground was one i remember, Bristol also had a footie pitch inside, Glasgow has one now, but i think its only a youth/boys club size pitch,

they are the ones i know of that i have been to in my time.

Didn't Canterbury have one Sean?

Pre-war Southampton centre green had a roller skating circuit and an area for roller hockey and tennis, can't imagine there was a football pitch though, there wouldn't have been enough grass! :D

Old Meadowbank had a football pitch complete with goals where Ian Hoskins regularly used to do his beat the goalie interval attraction aka burn the goalies hat