British Speedway Forum

"Whoever has missed this meeting needs shooting"

:blink:

Crikey.. at least me and CraztCat now know we aren't the only ones who thought Sir Kelv sounded sloshed.. CrazyCat said as soon as he opened his mouth.. he sounds sozzled.. I said, one too many of the Amber Nectar to keep cool during the day.. then we come on here and whaddaya know.. loads of peeps noticed.. could that be the end for Sir Kelv and his Sky career?? Not the image that either Sky or British speedway would want to portray world wide is it?

I disagree Tomcat, the slightly tipsy Kelvin was not quite as sit on the fence as normal. I sa get his totally drunk for the final and put him in the commentary box with Johno ;):)

Actually SCb.. now you mention it.. You may just have a good point there. Quick, wheres the Booze!!

Tell ya what, lets have a whip round on here, send it to His Highness in Poole, sit back and have a laugh. :D

I've got a bad feeling we will have to put up with Sam 'Woohoo' Ermolenko comentating on Saturday.

Might even get Steve Johnstone or Leigh Adams .

Dont think they are doing anything else on Saturday . ;)

Jeez peoples - if YOU were commentating on that meeting YOU would have needed a drink or two to steady you down. Mind you most of you would freeze if a microphone was given to you - admit it!

Mind you most of you would freeze if a microphone was given to you - admit it!

I wouldn't mind having a go.......at least i'd know how not to do it!!.. :rolleyes:

Mind you most of you would freeze if a microphone was given to you - admit it!

Too right they would and do.

The times I have tried to grab an interview with supporters or sponsors hear the screams of how dare you (or words to that effect), then watch them run a mile, some riders can be very mic shy as well, not just the younger ones :D

If football players can do then speedway riders should have a damn good go as well, maybe a bit of coaching behind the scenes would be a good idea, though maybe Sky just want it as it comes, natural :P

On the whole they mostly do a good job, everyone has their moans and groans but where would you be without it? If Sky had to pay the same wages to the speedway riders as they do the footballers I think speedway would soon be overlooked.

Just enjoy it and hope it stays B)

I thought that too that he had had a liquid lunch. he was struggling quite a bit funny though :D

I've got a bad feeling we will have to put up with Sam 'Woohoo' Ermolenko comentating on Saturday.

...and Millard as well :blink:

Glad we weren't the only ones to notice it. Definite slurring - bit too much of the hospitality during the day maybe - but so amusing to watch :D

I thought he looked a bit glassy eyed (& that's a lot of glass folks), before he even opened his mouth. He sounded totally wrecked whilst on his knees looking at the track. Fantastic. :D

Jeez peoples - if YOU were commentating on that meeting YOU would have needed a drink or two to steady you down. Mind you most of you would freeze if a microphone was given to you - admit it!

And the winner of that heat was leigh adams yea sounds very hard :blink:

Jeez peoples - if YOU were commentating on that meeting YOU would have needed a drink or two to steady you down.  Mind you most of you would freeze if a microphone was given to you - admit it!

But at least I'd be able to say something more intelligent than:

"..we've never heard of Janusz Kolodziej"

Edited by arnieg