British Speedway Forum

Ah crikes not another like the sad person who used to work on the pit gate at Oxford who supported the Danes and wore a Danish anorak.

If you are British support BRITAIN.

JY2003 are you actually from Danmark or are you just a fan of a few of thier riders?

If you count the fact that Denmark once ruled Surrey then she`s danish ;)

Thanks for restoring my faith in the British Sense of Humour Iris :D

Guest JY2003

I was supporting both Denmark and Britiain...I aint the only Englsh person to not support their country on this forum :approve:

JY2003 are you actually from Danmark or are you just a fan of a few of thier riders?

If you count the fact that Denmark once ruled Surrey then she`s danish ;)

I'm Danish :D

Well if you had some bacon this morning then youve got Danish blood in ya :D

So JY2003 is english? but is so proud 2 be danish, i dont get that. y dont u pi-s5 of over there if they r so gr8. Ppl like u r no good here. I h8 ppl not proud 2 be thier own nationality

2) Steve, no mate, you have missed the point. Why would Scott stop for no reason? To deliberately loe a point. Of course, makes perfect sense.

i'm not missing the point (Nicholls has already done that tonight :wink: )...

but the point i'm trying to make is that there are 3 others that didn't see the red light... just what was Nicholls seeing?

i have a powerful auto-focus flash that produces the short bursts of red light, and i know what he says he saw, but the other 3 kept going

Yes Steve, because perhaps they didn't see it. The 2 riders in front had perhaps passed where the light came from & NP was shielded by being behind Scotty. The fact is YOU don't know what he saw, he did. And I think it is reasonable to assume that no speedway rider would stop racing in that situation just because it seemed like a good idea. You have ridden a speedway bike, obviously not at this level, but riders have it ingrained into their racing psyche that if a red light is shown, they stop. If you honestly believe that he saw nothing & in a similar situation you would have acted differently, then good for you, that makes you a better man than him.

Personally, I always consider dwelling on single incident which 'decides' a meeting to be a bit pointless. The meeting is determined by what happens in all the 25 races. You might as well say that if only Norris had won heat one, GB would have won.

Mind you, that doesn't stop me being of the opinion that Anderson is a complete and utter ******!!

Ah crikes not another like the sad person who used to work on the pit gate at Oxford who supported the Danes and wore a Danish anorak.

Seemed to be some doubt among the commentators and riders as to whether it was Britain or England that were racing.

Should you still support if you aren't English? :D:D

Britain not England - and how can you support two countries. Crikes be proud of your country, Denmark don't need surrogate fans.

Guest JY2003
Call me what you like... It don't bother me

OOOOOO its tempting

Go on then - See if i care :rolleyes:

:D Oh yes.

Any off the people who stick up for Hans Andersen on here need 2 grow-up!!!

people who stick up for Hans just are not british at all,

How stupid is that? I am British but was disgusted with the referee. If it wasn't for his incompetence and blatant cheating then it would never have been a last heat decider anyway!!

Well done Hans :)

You can blame the referee for everything.

You could see the danes getting very angry that decisions were going against them in favour of the Brits. I said over and over that they would get their revenge one way another. I expected either Hans or Nicki to wipe someone out on the 1st bend.

However they were even cleverer!

BUT as I have already said, I don't think Andersens actions had ANY bearing on the result. Scott was always going to struggle from Gate 1. PK was the only rider who was able to generate speed around the outside at the end of the meeting and was ALWAYS going to storm straight past.

Andersen very quickly let Scotty past but PK pulled further and further clear each lap. The result was NEVER in doubt.

Yes, I agree that Andersen, in a sportsmans world, shouldn't have done what he did, but these things happen. The Danes had been taken out by the Brits several times earlier in the night and the ref had taken no action. They were always going to find a way to get even.

people who stick up for Hans just are not british at all

:blink: