British Speedway Forum

I have been reading quite a lot of what has been said on the forum today - & there has been quite a lot - & refrained from posting too much, but I have to say that all the "Hans Andersen didn't race tonight for fear of his personal safety" rubbish makes me want to yak.

Those people thick enough to make personal threats against Andersen aren't bright enough to know better & if they came face to face with him, probably wouldn't have the intelligence or the balls to even say anything to him, never mind do anything. And I certainly don't condone any of them. In any case, do any of them know where he lives? No. Would any of them be able to get anywhere near him? No.

They know they wouldn't do anything

I know they wouldn't do anything

You all know they wouldn't do anything

It wasn't the fact that he stopped Team GB from winning, PK was in front of Scott anyway, that has angered so many people (the genuine speedway fans, I mean), it was his actions showing a total disrespect for everyone & everything involved this last week:-

The sport

The tournament

The occasion

The organisers (BSI, BSPA, Poole, Eastbourne)

The TV companies

The sponsors

His fellow riders

But most of all? The people who pay him his income - the fans, who paid their hard earned cash - & it wasn't cheap.

No-one will lay a finger on Hans Andersen - nor should they - the worst that he will get is a load of verbal aimed at him & frankly he deserves all he gets. No, Hans Andersen doesn't fear for his safety, because he is not in any danger, he simply isn't man enough to stand up & take the criticism he so clearly deserves & the fact that he is racing in Sweden tomorrow night demonstrates that clearly.

He has the cheek to call himself a sportsman, but frankly he isn't worthy of the title.

Edited by Dave the Mic

Dave the Mic , what a great post totally agree with you on everything you wrote.

That's right Splatty. The reason, for example, that there is no Scotland team is that all speedway in the UK is governed by the ACU. Ergo, it has to be GB, not England.

Thank's la-la. Just a bit of reasoned (I would like to think) consideration after a couple of days reflection.

By leaving the postings where they are everyone can see what kind of mentality the poster had at the time of posting and judge that member accordingly.

Which is what I said earlier on. Within reason, as long as the post doesn't contain bad language or is particularly offensive, it is much better to leave the posts on as it gives an insight into the personality of the forum members in question and we can judge them accordingly.

A lot of the things that have been said need to be taken "with a pinch of salt" as they have been posted in the heat of the moment.

What is a breeze block?..... Its a concrete block with holes in!

The holes are presumably to enable the block to be picked up with fingers inserted - a bit like a ten pin bowling ball - ready for the aim. :P Not much point trying it at Coventry though unless you are a good shot putter and can throw it over a 6ft fence. I'd say Andersen's chances of being hit by a breeze block are 1000 to 1. Now whatever happened to SuperDazTheBee when I need him to place a bet? :D

If anyone thinks that someone would seriously throw a breeze block or any other misile at a rider then there really are some sad people about. I took the posting not as a threat but just how someone was feeling cheated at the time. Someone else pointed out that this will be old news soon, I don't think it will be something that will be forgotten over night though.

He couldn't be that worried after all he was in the bar after the meeting on Saturday laughing and joking. As far as I know nothing was said to him only by the person he was talking to and was advising him not to go into the other bar as there was a few unhappy people in there, he took the advise and stayed put. If anyone wanted to see him there and then they should have gone to the bar and spoke to him.

When I watched it on TV I never noticed him roll off the throttle and was just gutted at GB losing, it was not until TV replays and Tatum stating it that you saw Hans look then clearly shut the throttle. Unfortunately on the repeat show Sky neglected to show the interviews but Keith Huewen and Louis looked pretty p*ssed off.

I do feel there is an over reaction to what has happened with some of the postings and judging by comments on TV tonight Hans has done himself no favours by not showing up at Eastbourne, with Millard gleely quoting all the meetings he will ride in made him look as Tv's new no1 villain :wink:

I hope this whole issue is soon forgotten and we can all move on as Nicholls said 'Its all done with now' but I do feel that it won't be........... :(

I have been reading quite a lot of what has been said on the forum today - & there has been quite a lot - & refrained from posting too much, but I have to say that all the "Hans Andersen didn't race tonight for fear of his personal safety" rubbish makes me want to yak.

Those people thick enough to make personal threats against Andersen aren't bright enough to know better & if they came face to face with him, probably wouldn't have the intelligence or the balls to even say anything to him, never mind do anything. And I certainly don't condone any of them. In any case, do any of them know where he lives? No. Would any of them be able to get anywhere near him? No.

They know they wouldn't do anything

I know they wouldn't do anything

You all know they wouldn't do anything

Well you do not know whether or not such threats would be carried out, as you were not on the receiving end, so do not kid yourself that you know how some nutter might react :angry:

Fact : - At the end of 2002 season, Peter Carr was assaulted in the riders car park at Ashfield by two "uninvited wellwishers" which resulted in him sustaining a collarbone injury, and he is not the first rider to have been attacked.

So "Mr Security Know All" , how are you in a position to guarantee that Andersen might not suffer the same fate or worse.

Lay off Andersen. It's over now so just forget about it, enjoy what's left of the season and look forward to the next. Realise that all riders (including Hans Andersen) risk their life and well being for your entertainment and they should be applauded. If you can't do that then sod off and support another sport because speedway doesn't need you!

What Hans Anderson did was wrong, but what has happened since is worse. I dont know if he received death threats, but I do respect what Jan Steachmann has to say. Just consider that on this forum a few have agreed with chucking a breeze block at him, add to that the posts on his web site, I dont think I would run the risk of appearing either. The post on here may well have been as a joke, but add it all together and it does seem a bit more serious.

OK we lost, but I dont think that Scott Nicholls would have beaten Peter Karlsson anyway.

We can all ask "what if", but lets not get too carried away with the spite, leave that to the footy fans and not our "family" sport.

I hope this whole issue is soon forgotten and we can all move on as Nicholls said 'Its all done with now' but I do feel that it won't be...........  :(

Top quote there apart from the get out clause :D

It will be forgotten when it stops on here and the like. It's over now so just forget about it, enjoy what's left of the season and look forward to the next. Realise that all riders (including Hans Anderson) risk their life and well being for your entertainment and they should be applauded. If you can't do that then sod off and support another sport because speedway doesn't need you! When will people get it through their heads that the meeting was lost before heat 25? Nicholls had messed up the start and PK would have gone round him anyway because Gollob allowed him the run on the outside. Anderson made the mistake of having a go when he should have had an e/f so that he could have rode at Eastbourne in peace even though the Swedes would still have won the SWC.

Edited by Crump99

I think we can get the idea of what is being said. It certainly shows how seriously the Breeze block "joke" was taken.

Are we going to hide behing the "they dont understand our sense of humour" line?

Should the perpitrators apologise to the Danes? Or are they cowards as well?

he should be banned from every track in britain let him earn his living in sweden

what he did was damaging to the sport as a whole it spoilt a great week of speedway