British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Time to go oh Middlo

What other riders could middlo have used to make the team better? And what more could he of done himself to make the team win?

I dont think its down to the manager what happens on the race track.

The manager & the riders gave it everything. So getting rid of middlo is cr*p!!

Think Middlo has done a brilliant job with the riders he has got .

They all give every thing when they ride for him and GB.

Long may Middlo continue .

Well done to all the Brits tonight.

Arena are currently in contention for a play off spot and will not finish bottom of the EL where you experts ha ha ha  dont make me laugh said they would finish.

As I did not think that Ronnie was wrong about reserve, does than make my opinion more valid than the rest? ;)

Neil could do nothig once the meetig had started and I don't think anyone could hav done better thna Havvy, the only rider to scoe less was Scott Nicholls and who would have put someone else in his place before the meeting?

God bless you Middlo, we (some of us) love you!!!!!

Edited by SCB

Stats do not lie Middlo has not won a thing as England Team manager that is a fact ladies and gentleman.

But stats are like a good bikini, they show alot, but they don't show everything.

I think Middlo should stay on as TM. We've never had a better team and they looked hungry, as did Middlo. Just look at the emotion when he didn't win, man, that guy wanted it.

So you want Ronnie Russel in charge? Right, let's check his stats. How many league titles has he brought to Arena in his most recent spell there? Oh yeah, but he did take them up to the top league to struggle there instead of struggling in the Premier league.

Just my opinion........

Middlo has done a great job as manager, and if my memory serves me correct this is the first year he has been able to field his strongest team.

Or was he manager when the Aussies cheated us at Coventry a few years back?

Either way he has had little luck in his rein as GB boss.

Give the guy a break. At least he cares, unlike that numpty who manages the England Football team.

But stats are like a good bikini, they show alot, but they don't show everything.

In my opinion a good bikini does show everything ;)

BTW, even if Middlo shoudl go, lets not have RR. He balls'ed up the Koc vs Newport in 2002 when he put King Kelv at 2 and Lee Herne at 1. HaHaHaHaHa. I've laughed ever since.

Give the job to Tim Sugar if Middlo is given the sack, he IS a guy who knows what he is doing, though as I said earlier, KEEP MIDDLO!

Ladies & Gentlemen, Welcome to today's edition of the "Muppet Show", starring :

1, A wannabe David Bailey, with much to learn about the TIMING of taking photographs....

2, Hans N. Andersen (N = No one likes me ?).....Perfect display of team riding tonight....Me thinks he may be looking for a new British Club come March 2005...Be interesting to see the Eastbourne V. Ispwich match on SKY on Monday...Me thinks the Ipswich section of the Arllington pits may resemble Siberia, the atmosphere will be so frosty......

3, Up & Coming Comedian, Vincent Vega, for laughably suggesting Neil Middleditch should be replaced as GB Team Boss.....

I echo thoughts that now is not the time to be looking for scapegoats....Ronnie Russell guarantees GB a World Cup Win ? You're having a laugh....Too many cans of Special Brew tonight, eh, VV ?

Yes, its gutting GB didnt win tonight, but 1 & 2 above had a MAJOR bearing on tonight's result....

No one could have asked for, nor the riders & team management given more tonight, to win the World Cup.....

IF Middlo decides himself to step down as GB Boss, fine, as long as its his decision....However, who would Team GB replace him with ? Not Ronnie Russell thats for sure......

To my mind, there is no outstandingly obvious candidate to replace Neil......I hope the "powers that be" do not suffer VV's knee jerk reaction, and hastily sack Neil, because that would be so unfair, and an incorrect decision....

Edited by jeffster

What a ridiculous statement. This was a great performance by GB. Midlo can't be faulted, from what I've seen the riders are right behind him.

Team GB deserve praise for coming so close against the odds.

VV

Unfortunately once again you have opened your mouth just to get a reaction and the reaction you have received has pleased me with hardly any support for your ridiculous posting.

Middlo and the boys have done the british thing this week and worn their hearts on their racejackets, and quite rightly feel frustrated at tonights result with a couple of bits of bad luck going against them.

As far as I am concerned Middlo should start organising his trip to WC 2005 now.

Proud of everyone of them

Sorry VV but you are completely wrong, and I am not saying that as a Poole fan but as a Brit.

Middlo is the best manager in the country. He has bought the best out of the side. He talks to the riders, brings experience, and has earned the respect of all the riders he works with.

Tonight we were one point away from glory. If Nicholls hadn't stopped it would have been a runoff, and if Pedersen hadn't clipped Havvy we would have won.

There was not a single person at Wimborne Road tonight calling for the managers head. We were all proud of him and the team.

Sorry VV but you are completely wrong, and I am not saying that as a Poole fan but as a Brit.

Middlo is the best manager in the country. He has bought the best out of the side. He talks to the riders, brings experience, and has earned the respect of all the riders he works with.

Tonight we were one point away from glory. If Nicholls hadn't stopped it would have been a runoff, and if Pedersen hadn't clipped Havvy we would have won.

There was not a single person at Wimborne Road tonight calling for the managers head. We were all proud of him and the team.

100% agree with your post Steve .

VV is about the only one that has suggested that Middlo should go, I think that says it all about him!! Carry on Middlo, the Brits were great tonight, full of passion, and no one can ask for more, but Sweden were the deserved winners, and I think that we should accept that fact, and next year, we try again!

As for blaming Andersen for losing, that is a nonsense, he did indeed allow PK to pass him, but, he also allowed Scott to go by without impeding him, therefore, if Hans had not been in the race, the result would still have been the same!

Edited by BritPete

He has bought the best out of the side.

pity he couldn't buy Hans Andersen before heat 25 then :wink:

Middlo has done a good job as England TM but after another World Cup has proved elusive I think it is time for Neil to step aside now as England manager and let someone else have a go. Middlo is like Sven nice bloke good at his job but doesnt have that bit extra at the top level. The BSPA should make Ronnie Russell England manager at the winter conference and mark my words with Ronnie in charge Team GB will win the world cup next year.

This was the first time tonight that Middlo has had a full squad to choose from and we would have won if the couple of things that happened tonight had of gone in our favour.

Ronnie Russell couldnt manage a conference team properly let alone a national speedway team :approve: