British Speedway Forum
Guest Naz_griff

Welsh speedway

I do know that it isn't a team! lol

but i guess it has to be called team GB for poltical correctness, the fine people from wales and scotland need something good in there lives, might as well be an English influence has been for the past 600years!!!  :o

its quiet sad that u think like that. to me team gb means that if a rider from wales or scotland are good enough to race in the twc they can and im damn sure that they will get even more support than what team gb do now. :)

But that is un-likely and probably never going to happen! So we all agree Team ENGLAND?

why is it never going to happen.... ok it may not in our life time but who knows :wink:

and no its still TEAM GB :D:D

I was born in England from Scottish parentage and although at various times i have supported both i certainly wouldn`t support a team called Britain.I now support no national team,based mainly on my experience of going to an England v Scotland footie match and finding myself standing shoulder to shoulder with Rangers fans who i have a bit of a dislike of :o

the fine people from wales and scotland need something good in there lives, might as well be an English influence has been for the past 600years!!!  :o

Now I know you are only joking - I thought your comments were serious for a minute :lol:

All this from someone whose country doesn't even have a National Anthem :lol::wink:

But that is un-likely and probably never going to happen! So we all agree Team ENGLAND?

Congratulations for the most stupid post of the week.

Does the name Fred Williams mean anything to you?

or how about Ken McKinlay?

Congratulations for the most stupid post of the week.

Does the name Fred Williams mean anything to you?

or how about Ken McKinlay?

no! who are they? :lol:

Arn't England pround to have you Billabong.....

NO !!!!! :angry::blink:

Freddie Williams? One of only two British riders to win 2 World Championships! Prehaps had the war not been on Freddie may well have won more!

Freddie is arguably, Great Britains best ever rider. Not knowing who Freddie and Ken McKinlay are just proves how ignorant you are and how much notice we really should take of you!

Well, your kinda right, i dont know much about speedway history...why because i dont care!

You dont hear me talking about the greats of the Great Britain side that won the olpympics at football in the early 1900's why because i dont care! because the "great britain" side was WEst ham! and it was centuries ago and i beleive thats an english team! stop living in the past my friends! No wonder speedway is going down the pan, when all the fans just talk about the "good old days" we need to make to day the "good old days" and that means making Team GB into Team England! humph!

Edited by Billabong

Guest mart W

Ok Billabong, if you want to go down that road fine... but next year at the WELSH Grand Prix in Cardiff I hope you would have no objections to the Wild Cards being Phil Morris and Tony Atkin !

Oh and by the way, Jamie Westacott and Tom Brown have both ridden for Great Britain under 21's, so they could well make you eat your words in a few years time.

Edited by mart W

IMO i think the only reason why the UK grand prix is at cardiff is because it has the bst facialties! When Wembley gets built up maybe it might change - i dont know :unsure

i hope i dont eat my words! Team Wales? doesn't have the same ring to Team England

Guest mart W

So it's the UK Grand Prix now, how convienient !!! so there can be English Wildcards :mad::mad:

Speedway can forget the new Wembley the FA will never have it.

wembely :blink: cardiff suits me just fine great pubs :P great place great people :D

and its team GB NOT ENGLAND OR UK

Guest Namibian

As the FIM only accepts one team representing the British ACU, this team must surely represent the whole of Great Britain.

Therefor keep the Great Britain team for the World Cup and for International matches at Elite League level.

But why not establish the England, Scotland and Wales teams at one level below that and let them race their very own international matches at Premier League level. This would provide variety and keep everyone happy. Top nations such as Sweden, Denmark, Australia or Poland could race against the Great Britain side, whilst not so strong nations could provide worthy opponents against the three home nations, maybe restricting the England side to PL riders, or maybe that wouldn't be neccessary.