British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Well Done Crumpy

Long overdue 1st title coming for Crumpy. However, I wonder how much he will be trying before the last GP. He will need to steer clear of any injuries and make sure he gets past the first eliminator races. Congrats Jason you deserve it.

Long overdue 1st title coming for Crumpy. However, I wonder how much he will be trying before the last GP. He will need to steer clear of any injuries and make sure he gets past the first eliminator races. Congrats Jason you deserve it.

WHO really would blame the guy if he throttled off every so slightly in the next two weeks. It would be an absolute travesty if anything happened to him between now and then!

He deserves this title more than anyone.

If im honest i wouldnt be too upset with him if he didnt put 100% effort in the rest of BVs meetings before the GP!

But unlike some, Jason tries in every race and knows its better to go into a big meeting on a winning streak rather than trying to stop a losing run!

I have no doubts that Jason will ride every race in the next fortnight the way he always does..............with the intention of winning it!

Come On Crumpy!!!!

Edited by SullyRox

Wouldn't it be absolutely fantastic if Crump chocked in Norway like he did last time and TRick won the meeting and then the runoff :D

I would crack open a bottle of Krug and drink down the lot in one go.

Of course it's not likely to happen but anything to stop the Aussie Ginger Whinger from taking the title. :(

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Cheers Steve !!

It's only been 52 years since an Aussie won the world title so if it happens let us Aussies enjoy it hey ?

I would crack open a bottle of Krug and drink down the lot in one go.

After a post like that you must have started early. You won't be celebrating after Norway (apart from toasting Crump 2004) so you might as well empty the bottle after the sad events in Poland for the still as always 5 times bloke :D

Shovlar's not an ar*e (although he does support Poole and there's no law against that, yet :lol: ), he does it to get a reaction and he generally succeeds. Just take it for what it is, a bit of banter

Edited by Crump99

If Rickardsson was to somehow come out as winner in Hamar I would have to hit Shovlar over the head with his bottle of Krug :P

IF Grumpy wins it wont it really be a british winner, not an aussie. :blink::D:D

IF Grumpy wins it wont it really  be a british winner, not an aussie. :blink:  :D  :D

Well, I guess you could claim it's a Welsh winner.....

...... Ok, you can't :)

Guest ukdolfan

Crumpy needs to get to Semi-Final to be 100% sure.

As if TR wins and Crumpy goes out as 3rd place in last eliminator he would have 8 pts, which would leave both level on 155 pts and this would mean a run-off for World Championship as confirmed in GP rules.

Having followed Phil Crump in 70's and Jason since he started, I booked my flight and tickets yesterday to be there on the night the best rider in World Speedway in each of the past 3 years and about the only rider who gives 100% in EVERY race no matter what competition, finally gets his just rewards!

Go Jason!

Dave

Guest little bow
:( i think it will be a sad day for speedway if crump wins world championship

I think it'll be a sad day if he doesn't win it.

He's been the best rider in the world for three years now and absolutely deserves to take the title.

dear o dear Steve,seems that the only guy choaking at the moment is dear old Tony,blown away by Crumpie when he was on gate one,fell by his own doing in the final!!

Tell me Steve who was the last Poole assett to win a world title?

Well done Jason, love him or hate him he will be a good World Champ and in some ways as conroversial as Niki. Another great character and a great racer.