British Speedway Forum

So Mr BSI has told us the new GP format

15 riders plus one wildcard

20 heats with race points being GP points. Then 2 semis and a final.

sounds like a lot more exitement than the curant format, and a lot more compatitive.

Any thoughts???

Dave

Just listened to what Mr P had to say and I must admit sounds like it could be good for the sport, the races would be more exciting from the start of the meeting and therefore may attract new supporters. :approve:

Hasn't he got a lovely smile :D

im all 4 it!!!!! :lol:

gets rid of a few of the nohopers!! :o

all the riders get a minimum of 5 rides from what i can work out!! :unsure:

and every race position looks 2 have more importance in the new format , no more just sitting in 2nd and following the leader coz youve beat the ellimation slots :approve:

In previous GP's some of those "NoHopers" have performed some of the best riding :approve:

Sounds a cracking idea.

I didn't at first like the idea of going back to a 5 race 20 heat formula, but with meeting points counting as GP points, it makes every race, and every place, someting to go for.

Only thing left unanswered was what happens if you score a 5 ride max, then bomb out in the semi? Do semi and final race points count as well? If so a rider can get 8 points in the 5 heats, and win the final. How will that compare to a rider who gets a max then bombs out?

Looking forward to it already.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Why didn't anyone ever think of this 16 rider 20 heat 5 rides per rider format before? :blink:

Edited by norbold

In previous GP's some of those "NoHopers" have performed some of the best riding :approve:

ummm

sola,forland,santej, stead,svab,barth,ljunj,kk,jagus ,louis,lindgren just 2 name 11

lindback and tomasz chrz did not do much but can prove me wrong nxt year

I like it, because it's the idea I have been suggesting for about 3 or 4 years now. Only difference is I said a final and there's going to be 2 semis and a final instead.

A brilliant move :D

Why didn't anyone ever think of this 16 rider 20 heat 5 rides per rider format before? :blink:

They did Norbold,it's one of the formats tried here for the U21 championship this year.The race format changed almost every meeting :o

Sounds a cracking idea.

I didn't at first like the idea of going back to a 5 race 20 heat formula, but with meeting points counting as GP points, it makes every race, and every place, someting to go for.

Only thing left unanswered was what happens if you score a 5 ride max, then bomb out in the semi? Do semi and final race points count as well? If so a rider can get 8 points in the 5 heats, and win the final. How will that compare to a rider who gets a max then bombs out?

Looking forward to it already.

wot i can understand is this,if someone has five wins,then wins a semi then the final,they will have 21 points in total,3 points for EVERY win,none off this 25 points for winning lark,i think its gonna also be that even if some has a maxium then gets knocked out in the semi,they will still be on top,semi and the final is just to see whoses that countrys champ,just to make it a bit more exciting,i think,hope that made sence :blink: