British Speedway Forum
Ross

Rick Miller

As Tommy`s thread has gone off track alittle i thought it would be a good idea to start one for Rick. Be good to hear peoples memories and stories about Rick and when the man himslef gets chance he can share a few of his own.

As Tommy`s thread has gone off track alittle i thought it would be a good idea to start one for Rick. Be good to hear peoples memories and stories about Rick and when the man himslef gets chance he can share a few of his own.

I suppose that was my fault. I have only managed to get back to England once and that was for Gregs Testimonial. I need to get back soon.

Would be great to see you, so u have to keep us posted if you ever do come back over. What films have you done stunts for then? have u got kids now?

Would be great to see you, so u have to keep us posted if you ever do come back over. What films have you done stunts for then? have u got kids now?

You can go to IMDB database, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0589203/ to see various movies I have worked on, most are there. The new Batman movie comes out in the summer, I did a fun stunt in that where I was chasing the Bat car and it chucks a bomb at me and I do a couple car rolls. Anyway, I have two kids, Bailey and Pierce, they have both been to England many times as their grandparents live there. They have been on the center green at a Bee's race not last season but the one before.

Thanks for all this info Rick, did you ever keep any of your speedway gear and if so what did you keep? do any of your old injuries from speedway trouble you now?, i know you had a bad crash that ended your bees season early in 92 when u did your collerbone at the pits turn, other than that you were quite lucky really with injuries.

Thanks for all this info Rick, did you ever keep any of your speedway gear and if so what did you keep? do any of your old injuries from speedway trouble you now?, i know you had a bad crash that ended your bees season early in 92 when u did your collerbone at the pits turn, other than that you were quite lucky really with injuries.

I kept a lot of the gear, just don't know where it is. I have many boxes full of stuff, someday I will have to look at it. The collarbone was a couple days after the World Final in Poland, but yeah pretty lucky with the injuries. Anyway good talking on the forum tonight. It is late here, so I am going to turn in, but will look in on the forum soon. Rick

Nice to see you back Rick, as I have said great memories of your days at Brandon, especially you & JJ at 4 & 5. Fantastic.

Just a couple of questions.

Do you keep in touch with any former riders & what are they up to now if you do?

I have looked at the link you provided above & why after 12 years since you finished speedway do you still look so depressingly healthy? :(:D

You don't seemed to have aged one bit, whats the secret :unsure:

Just wondered if you get to any speedway meetings in the U.S,and what is the state of speedway over there now?

Thought i'd post a picture of the Bees from the old days here to bring back memories.A great team,of course Kelvin was my favourite.

Iris cheers for that, had a little look at the picture was a real trip down memory lane. My doesn't Sir Kelv look young :P

Yep,and lets hope he can come out fighting fit and get that Longtrack World title that he so narrowly missed last year :P

But we better be careful not to go off thread again or we will end up with a thread for each rider from the Bees team B)

Edited by iris123

Without being in danger of hi-jacking the thread, Iris that would be a dream come true for Sir Kelv and British fans x

I think it is brilliant that Rick has come onto the forum. Welcome Rick :) It's good to have riders on here because they know what riding is really like and we only see it from the terraces. We must have quite a few riders or ex riders on here now. We could even have a forum team.

BTW. Rick, have you got a website or pictures etc so the new fans know what you were like, who you rode for and what your average was etc etc? It would be brilliant to see a reunion meeting of past riders at Coventry. :)