British Speedway Forum

Good day out, just a pity my bets didn't come off.

Spent most of the day outside POW until about 20 minutes before the start and then into the Stadium to watch the racing.

I thought it was a decent GP, though It would have been better if someone other than Rickardsson had won to make it a little more interesting as Rickardsson has sewn it up now.

Nice to meet some new forum members and others I have met before, also, thanks to Diesel & his old man for the drinks in POW & the stadium :D:P .

Arrived in my house at about 2.30am after going for a curry with Reckless eric et all - Great day :D .

Edited by Robbo

I've posted a few snaps on my webshots below - didn't take many, but got a couple of interesting ones with the slow shutter in the stadium during the fireworks (link below).

Anyway my claim to fame for this event was getting my flags on P61 of the programme in the shots from round 1 at Wroclaw - they're well travelled now :)

its very easy to predict this sport!

a first timer to speedway kept asking me lots of questions, like why did you prdict that crash when pederson was in red :D

i also predicted B.pederson would not get excluded because it does say rule 63.1 not poole rider can be excluded!

apart from the first exclusion what can crump complain about?

way too slow and desperate, the other two exclusions were fair,

a good fun night, but ther appeared less than normal? or was that because where i was sitting?

oh and got into bed in coventry at 12:15 :D

sorry mr policeman!

Well I reckon Crumpys new orange wheels messed him up big time.

Slipping and sliding all over the place-and 3 exclusions.

Go back to Chrome Crumpy and long handlebars and stop trying to be so flash ;)

What a meeting didnt get back till Weymouth till half 3 :blink:

IMO that was the best GP at Cardiff since it has started and a massive crowd ..

Had to be atleast 45-50 thousand.

Hampel was class all night and deserved the win in IMO.

Rickardsson was again his consistant self finishing 1st :D what a rider he is .. i heard rumours that they have started engraving his name on the title now B)

Antonio had a good night and he deserved a Final Place as he looked really quick in his last 4 races but unlucky in the Semi !!

Bjarne ... another podium well done BJARNE B) he is getting more consistant as the gp's go on and could well be the main contender to Rickardsson this year :)

Ryan.. GET WELL SOON.....

Fireworks were awesome .....

oh yeah.. i must collect my winnings on having Rickardsson to win, not much only £15 .. should have put more on really !!

All in All what a night and ill be going next year for definate

IMO that was the best GP at Cardiff since it has started and a massive crowd ..

Had to be atleast 45-50 thousand.

Official crowd from memory was 38,600. Looked a lot more than that.

Rico :rolleyes:

Guest Shale Eater
i also predicted B.pederson would not get excluded because it does say rule 63.1 not poole rider can be excluded!

Then why did Antonio get excluded in his first ride :P

Full credit to Bjarne for getting up and then reaching the final. Well done mate :D

Fantastic weekend for myself and son,1st timers but be back next year[with ear plugs :) ]great atmosphere and venue and the racing werent bad either

Anyone got the heattimes from the meeting ?

Tomaz ? ? :wink:

What a fantastic day. Nice to meet so many of you lovely forum members.

Was that a bad hand you had Steve, or was it a video recorder? ;)

Hope the wife is better now.

As for the meeting... What can I say? The master does it again.

Well done Tony! :D

The last race was awesome. Really took me back to my former Exeter days, with another great rider performing the wall of death at the county ground, by Ivan Mauger.

Most of you don't realise it but you're witnessing the best speedway rider in history. It's just sad that he's not riding in our EL.

Full credit to Hampel. I must admit, Sting and I were both cheering him as much as Tony.

As for the incidents during the meeting, that will always be speedway. Something to talk about and argue about. But at the end of the day, the ref never changes his decision!

I have to disagree with everyone.

Great Day!

Average Meeting!!

First eight heats were absolute rubbish, the races were over by the 2nd lap and if it wasnt for the last few heats I didnt think much to the meeting and may think many people maybe with me on that one.

However, large incidents and action plus the Brits all having their various bits of glory. It was great to watch the riders you fully known are capable of great riding (Hampel and Jonsson) do so well.

The Norris/TRick incident was very 50/50. I cant blame Norris for going for it (why not when you are struggling) but I feel TRick was very quick in placing his bike down and I think the way he managed to stay on feet after being hit proves that. Nicholls looks like how he has in 2003, slowly getting better before getting a podium position. Richardson suprised me and I think he prefers them manmade tracks.

TRick was untouchable expect for one person, Jaroslaw Hampel (slowly becoming Poland's Speedway idol no longer Tomasz). TRick's wall of death passing techinque was superb, something I have seen in a GP for a long time. Hampel was simply superb, his bikes were perfectly tuned and set and he has a skill at the gate.

The Danes were great enterainment weren't they? Nicki Pedersen bumping off two riders but Crump's vigilante escapade was very unprofessional yet I was safrican americaning to myself. Andersen's fall was worthy of an Oscar and despite his great ride in Heat 16, he still for me remains not one of my favourites. It will be an interesting event at the World Cup when Denmark and Team GB lock horns again.

The Aussies were terrible, Crump was inconsistent he deserved two of his exclusions and he seemed to lose it from his incident involving Andersen. Im sure he will be punished. Adams looked off the pace and despite Sullivan wanting to win points, if it was that bad of an injury why not just pass his spot to Bjerre someone was looking forward to ride.

Rant over. It was a great dayout- a famous 8-7 loss on one of Cardiff's parks was stuff of legends. Despite not being able to get to Cardiff Bay because of the M50 being shut up. Cardiff is a superb city and the staff should be commended on their helpful attitudes yet I still feel that the cans and bottles searching was harsh.

The crowd was great and the Poles even better. If I seen Ole Olsen I would give him a few serious to sort out the track ready straight at the start of the meeting. Plenty of travelling, feeling tired. However, its all just practice for the 30 hour Bygodszcz trip!!

Still I will go next year and get my Dad come! One of his last meetings was one of the best Speedway meetings ever 1981 Wembley final. He seen Bradford, Hailfax, Belle Vue and Exeter yet he still has no massive interest in the sport. He knows of the riders and predicted TRick to win. Hes seen Penhall, Nielsen and the Collins brothers yet he isnt willing to go Cardiff.

My expections have been lower yet everything we still works around the 2nd Saturday of June.

Edited by Hazzman

Anyone got the heattimes from the meeting ?

Tomaz ? ?  :wink:

1 57.2

2 57.9

3 57.7

4 57.6

5 58.2

6 58.2

7 58.1

8 58.1

9 58.5

10 58.3

11 59.2

12 59.7

13 57.9

14 58.5

15 58.5

16 59.4

17 59.5

18 58.5

19 58.6

20 59.7

semi final 1 58.7

semi final 2 59.9

sorry didnt get the last one to busy watching the fireworks

Official crowd from memory was 38,600. Looked a lot more than that.

Rico  :rolleyes:

Hey Rico I'm impressed :lol: We were all a bit worse for wear and you remembered that :lol::wink:

This was my first trip to cardiff and i had a wicked time, the atmosphere was electric !.

If anyone set their video machines correctly to record it ( unlike me !) then i would dearly love to buy a copy of the meeting from them, if they would considder selling me one, ( or better still on dvd).

I know it was re re-run on sunday, but there was no way i was gonna be out of bed at ten am............and i was proved wrong when i assumed it would be re run a couple of times on sunday...sillly me :oops:

Can anyone oblige me with a recording to keep for posterity ?? i can pay through paypal, or send a cheque in advance.

Here's hoping .... :lol:

Chris - P ( Born again speedway fan......Bring back Leicester Lions!! )