British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

My favourite rider from the late 70s and early 80s was Danny Kennedy who rode for Weymouth and Poole. He had a great year in 1982 averaging nearly 7.5 in the top division for Poole, but, sadly, died in 1993 from a brain tumour at the age of 35. He was a very approachable and likeable man and I am sure some of his Poole colleagues would be able to comment on him.

Also it would be good to hear what Peter Prinsloo is doing.

My favourite rider from the late 70s and early 80s was Danny Kennedy who rode for Weymouth and Poole. He had a great year in 1982 averaging nearly 7.5 in the top division for Poole, but, sadly, died in 1993 from a brain tumour at the age of 35. He was a very approachable and likeable man and I am sure some of his Poole colleagues would be able to comment on him.

Also it would be good to hear what Peter Prinsloo is doing.

Would be nice to read about both these riders, what about an interview with John Dvis would be nice to see what he has to say.

After meeting him at the Leicester Speedway Supporters Club Christmas Social

Les Collins what a real gentleman nothing to much trouble for him and who I am sure would make an interesting article

After meeting him at the Leicester Speedway Supporters Club Christmas Social

Les Collins what a real gentleman nothing to much trouble for him and who I am sure would make an interesting article

Would have to agree the guy had such a long career I am sure he would plenty of interesting stories.

Personally, I'd love to see a feature on Bobby McNeil, having had my appetite whetted by several pictures (old and new) in Backtrack. Also, Geoff Bouchard is another Swindon favourite that it would be interesting for me to read about.

Anyone else have any particular rider that would interest them?

i'd like to see an article on tommy knudsen (the wheelie king)after falling off celebrating a race win at the abbey stadium the video was shown in a loop every time the bees visited swindon for the next 5 years ,even now the swindon supporters like to remind us bees fans of the incident, one such kind fan has even put a clip of it on youtube,

I'd like to know more about Ron Henderson, the young Aussie that rode for Newcastle in 76/77. He had enormous talent and then just dropped out of the sport completely.

Whilst we're on obscure Australians, how about Robbie Blackadder and Phil Michelides from the same era.

i would love to see a interview with jan anderson he would offer some wonderful insights in to sppedway from the 70's 80's and i would enjoy that

i would love to see a interview with jan anderson he would offer some wonderful insights in to sppedway from the 70's 80's and i would enjoy that

Already been done.

I'd like to know more about Ron Henderson, the young Aussie that rode for Newcastle in 76/77. He had enormous talent and then just dropped out of the sport completely.

Whilst we're on obscure Australians, how about Robbie Blackadder and Phil Michelides from the same era.

I had a chat with Phil at a recent speedway meeting in Perth. He runs his own electrical business! He arrived on his Honda fireblade and has not changed since the 70,s and neither has Bob Humphreys who was with him at the meeting. :lol:

my all time favourite john langfield as quoted on another thread never a world beater but entertainment with a capital E langy please please plase!!!!!!!

Some of the recent promoters who have recently disappeared from view. "Reggie" Perrin, Waggy, Ron Russell, Pat Bliss. These guys were "big knobs" and then plummeted like a stone. They will have interesting stories to tell.

Egon Muller would be a good one. I'd like to know more about what Peter Ravn's up to as well. I understand he is in Oz these days. Gary Gugliemi would be interesting too. Oh and John Cook too..just purely for the John Berry rant it would no doubt prompt!

Edited by falcace

Im sure i heard Gary Guglemi passed away a couple of years ago, not 100 percent sure mind!!!Bloody good rider though.