British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Derek Harrison with the specs and teddy boy style haircut. He rode at a number of tracks, mainly National League. He was very good at Mildenhall as top points scorer in 82 and 83 I think!! He also had a number of injuries.

I remember him, looked most unlikely speedway rider ever, would be nice to see if he still has the specs and teddy boy haircut.

I remember him, looked most unlikely speedway rider ever, would be nice to see if he still has the specs and teddy boy haircut.

Have you featured Robert Henry the Mildenhall rider who was a good rider over 10 yrs . He had fun at Canterbury once when the referee refused to exclude a Canterbury rider for touching the tapes. It took a few helpers to stop him attacking the referee and he did have just cause for getting fired up. On that night in about 1984 he outshone Barney Kennett on and off the track!! He is currently the youth development officer at Mildenhall.He was an excellent rider!

Have you featured Robert Henry the Mildenhall rider who was a good rider over 10 yrs . He had fun at Canterbury once when the referee refused to exclude a Canterbury rider for touching the tapes. It took a few helpers to stop him attacking the referee and he did have just cause for getting fired up. On that night in about 1984 he outshone Barney Kennett on and off the track!! He is currently the youth development officer at Mildenhall.He was an excellent rider!

Not sure whether he has been featured or not.

Finn Thomsen please!

He is coming over for wolves 80 year celebration meeting.

He was done a year or two back I think

how about phil white and ricky day who are now both airline pilots i beleave

I know that Phil White is definitely a pilot now not so sure about Ricky Day.

Not sure whether he has been featured or not.

Roger Johns or his Brothers Alan, Peter. Roger was a good rider and a loyal Wimbledon servant! I havent heard anything about him since mid to late 80,s!!!!

How about a feature on Roger Johns?

"Roger the Dodger" rode for Wimbledon for a magnificent 15 years (1974-1989) and graduated from reserve to heat leader status in the British League, before leading the side on their move to the National League in'85.

I know he started his career at Eastbourne, and ended it at Rye House, but more information on Roger would be much appreciated!

Right, that's another vote for Rog...!! :approve:

Derek Harrison with the specs and teddy boy style haircut. He rode at a number of tracks, mainly National League. He was very good at Mildenhall as top points scorer in 82 and 83 I think!! He also had a number of injuries.

Derek was excellent around West Row.

Seem to remember him reappearing in the Conference League for Peterborough in the 1999 or 2000 season :unsure:

It would be good to hear what he's up to these days.

Peter Glanz ,Simon Cross,Troy Butler,Andrew Silver,John Jorgensen,Mitch Shirra,Dennis Sigalos,Preben Eriksen,Lance King,Marvyn Cox,Peter Ravn. :wink:

Peter Glanz ,Simon Cross,Troy Butler,Andrew Silver,John Jorgensen,Mitch Shirra,Dennis Sigalos,Preben Eriksen,Lance King,Marvyn Cox,Peter Ravn. :wink:

I seem to remember Simon Cross has already been featured, and I know that Mtch Shirra has been featured.

How about Tony Childs, Taffy Owen, John Goodall, Graeme Smith and Robin Adlington

Just a few to be going on with.

How about Tony Childs, Taffy Owen, John Goodall, Graeme Smith and Robin Adlington

Just a few to be going on with.

Taffy has been done.