British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

SGP of Sweden - Avesta Sweden 31st May

I admit i swear myself at work

Crumpy rides speedway for a living. Therefore whether he is at a league match or a GP, he is at work :P

Yeah but theres one big difference.I do it with mates who aren't offended and as i said not in front of the public or women and kids.I wouldn't blink an eye if i heard all sorts of language in say the dressing room but this wally did it to the camera with thousands of people watching who didn't deserve to be told F*** Off. What i can't understand as well is this.On this forum at times we have had one or two younger members way out of order who have used foul language,some have even been banned. Now when a rider does the same thing [ ie : act like a no - brainer with bad language involved ] some people come on and defend him ! Oh well it's so and so and i like him as a rider so it's ok then.Hypocrisy me thinks :roll:

What i can't understand as well is this.On this forum at times we have had one or two younger members way out of order who have used foul language,some have even been banned. Now when a rider does the same thing [ ie : act like a no - brainer with bad language involved ]

There's a difference tho. This forum is obviously in the public domain or arena. Crumpy had moved himself ,as he though,t out of the public arena into the car park. Now I am not exactly condoning his language BUT Sky also bear a very heavy responsiblity here. Have you considered that Crumpy moved to the car park so as not to possibly let himself down whilst very upset. Maybe next time he should lock himself in the gents toilet, no doubt the cameraman will mount the pan in the next cubicle and point the camera over the wall.

It is really ridiculous, he should not have done it. Simple. On the telly, you have a chance to sell yourself, and if that is the best he can do, well, he can go hang out with Iron Mike Tyson. I would imagine his Dad the great Phil, may have had a word with him. Disgusting.

What is ridiculous is people criticising Jason Crump for how he reacted. I didn't watch the GP, but if he is upset at being eliminated - and pretty much being out of the title hunt already - then good for him for caring.

If, as Star Lady says, he had taken himself away then he's not at fault at all so lay off him why don't ya! If Sky choose to seek him out and film him, then whatever reaction they get is their problem.

I'm sick of this 'British' thing about not showing your own emotions for the sake of others. Oh yes, and I'm sure his father is extremely proud of him too.

maybe part of the problem is due to the fact that his dad was such a great rider.

basically he needs to be able to get the recognition Phil got when he was riding, and if it's not quite happening for him he just loses it.

Sky sports are showing a LIVE package. Crump knows that.

What they will try and do is get as many angles on whats going on as they can...it's their job. Live football on Sky and the cameras are down the tunnel (out of sight of the public) so there is no getting away from them.

If Crump ever becomes World Champion (which I seriously doubt), will he be telling the Sky cameras to Eff Off then??? think not

I'm a big fan of Phil Crump, but it's worth remembering that Jason has actually proved himself to be better than his father at World Championship level.

It was becoming obvious that the cameraman wasn't leaving in a hurry, if Grump was that worried about his privacy being invaded maybe he should have got inside his van.

Not one for Melody to file away to show Mia and Seth at a later date! :D

i know you're a Swindon fan so will remember Crumpie the Monkey for the quality he was.

If the championship back then was GP format, how would Phil have got on?

The guy was so consistent home and away.

What i can't understand as well is this.On this forum at times we have had one or two younger members way out of order who have used foul language,some have even been banned. Now when a rider does the same thing [ ie : act like a no - brainer with bad language involved ]

There's a difference tho. This forum is obviously in the public domain or arena. Crumpy had moved himself ,as he though,t out of the public arena into the car park. Now I am not exactly condoning his language BUT Sky also bear a very heavy responsiblity here. Have you considered that Crumpy moved to the car park so as not to possibly let himself down whilst very upset. Maybe next time he should lock himself in the gents toilet, no doubt the cameraman will mount the pan in the next cubicle and point the camera over the wall.

And what about him effing and blinding all over the place in front of BlackKnights children last year at Ipswich then ? If he didn't want to be seen he should have gone into his motorhome or van or whatever.The guys obviously got a problem and while he's like this i hope he never comes a million years near winning a World Championship.It'll be a sad day for sportsmen. [ remember them ??? ]

I totally agree Steve, Phil left some big shoes to fill and he didnt have the advantage of the GP. Even when he broke his thigh at Sheffield, not a cuss word came out of his mouth, I have no time for foul mouthed so called sportsmen. If a person likes that they should support heavyweight boxing. When one is on television, in the homes of millions, watch the mouth.... The price of the exposure is very small, just act civilised as hard as it may be in the heat of the moment, say it on tape, it is forever....Of course some of the bs is better suited to the World Wrestling Federation, all the Idiots buy that. 8)

I totally agree Steve, Phil left some big shoes to fill and he didnt have the advantage of the GP. Even when he broke his thigh at Sheffield, not a cuss word came out of his mouth,

I remember that night and that crash even now it was horrible.Phil went through the 3rd - 4th bend fence right in front of us as we'd gone there to shelter from the rain.His leg was pointing the wrong way and at the time it was one of the worst things i'd seen in Speedway.Phil Crump was class,so i don't know where Jason gets his tantrums from.

And I was standing near there and I heard him ask what shape his bike was in and if IT was in good enough shape for the re-run. I dare anyone to top that, tough spells Phil Crump, and no tantrums.. 8)

3 times they cut back to Crumpy crouching at his van, the cameraman WAS DEFINITELY waiting for a reaction, he got it, hope he was chuffed!!!

When he was sucking his thumb and threw his security blanket on the ground 8) ? It was a beaut.....Not as good as WWF though.....

Quite agree Trees - it was just the sort of reaction the cameraman was waiting for. Wouldn't be surprised if we see that shot in opening credits now, just like Boycie's whack on Gollob, and Nicki P's reaction to his exclusion in the last GP. It's TV's bread and butter - they cater for the masses and assume the masses want to see that sort of thing. They haven't grasped yet though that Speedway fans aren't bothered by all that tosh!! (Well, most of us :roll: )