British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
covbees7

World Cup 2006

Doesn't operate with any concept of equal shares these days, does it? In the days of the individual world final, every country was allocated a turn to run the final. Frustrating but fair. I guess it's more to do with the revenues these days?

Doesn't operate with any concept of equal shares these days, does it?  In the days of the individual world final, every country was allocated a turn to run the final.  Frustrating but fair.  I guess it's more to do with the revenues these days?

agreed unfortunately money makes the world go round

would be better on a rota system,would be more exciting when it came around plus dates would be released earlier giving more of a chance to plan

Doesn't operate with any concept of equal shares these days, does it?  In the days of the individual world final, every country was allocated a turn to run the final.  Frustrating but fair.  I guess it's more to do with the revenues these days?

In reality Andy the sharing you refer to lasted little over 10 years. The first fifteen World Finals were held at Wembley before the success of Ove Fundin got Sweden in on the act with the 1961 Final at Malmo. The late sixties saw Poland get in on the act and the three year cycle continued until 1981. After then the final was held anywhere and everywhere from olympic stadiums like Munich to fields like Norden & Pocking

Tab's B&B again huh?  :wink:

Is there any other place that matches the hospitality :rolleyes:

The best coffee on the sarf coast. :approve:  :wink:

Oh god without a doubt even if meetings are rained off as long as we make it there who cares! :approve:

I'd like to see Tarnow get a WTC meeting. We went there for the Polish Final & the track was great, atmoshpere superb & racing excellent. Much better than Wroclaw.

Come on BSI, go somewhere new!

I heard all rounds are to take place in Poole. BSI want a repeat of two years ago and rather than go to two different tracks, will base the whole show in the UK's premier speedway town.

I heard all rounds are to take place in Poole. BSI want a repeat of two years ago and rather than go to two different tracks, will base the whole show in the UK's premier speedway town.

Be better at the UK's premier speedway city, which, at the minute, is Coventry. A better stadium and easier to get to.

Be better at the UK's premier speedway city, which, at the minute, is Coventry. A better stadium and easier to get to.

But is not a holiday town. Who wants to go to Coventry for a week? I just about manage a few hours and that's enough!

BSI want a holiday town, not an industrial city which offers nothing for the tourist. They would never, ever chose such a place over Poole.

Award winning beaches, a vibrant night scene and a great race track. Granted Poole doesn't hold as many fans, but a packed out 7,000 capacity is better than 7,000 rattling around in a half empty Brandon. There is an atmosphere at Poole which is not found at any other club.

BSI want a holiday town, not an industrial city which offers nothing for the tourist.

Thought it was a speedway tournament, but obviously BSI have decided to race along the beach on donkeys.

But is not a holiday town. Who wants to go to Coventry for a week? I just about manage a few hours and that's enough!

BSI want a holiday town, not an industrial city which offers nothing for the tourist. They would never, ever chose such a place over Poole.

with respect coventry has excellent hotel facilities and an excellent night life have you tried it shovlar?

poole has got millions of speed cameras and the quays thats all

we have an excellent stadium with a history of putting on major events

it saddens me that the only way you can put your point across is to criticise a city where in your own admission you have only spent a couple of hours

whereas i can discuss poole having been born in bournemouth

Edited by covbees7

Coventry's track is my book terrible.

Poole when prepared can be absolute brilliant, the World Cup of 2003 proves.

Possibly the best racing and meeting seen in a while, race-off and final.

When is it actually announced?

So far on this thread, people seem certain its either Sweden, Denmark, Coventrtry, Bournemouth, Swindon, Kings Lynn, Germany and Vladivostok.

Granted Poole doesn't hold as many fans, but a packed out 7,000 capacity is better than 7,000 rattling around in a half empty Brandon.

Yet you don't object to having 40,000 rattling around in a half empty Millennium.

Yet you don't object to having 40,000 rattling around in a half empty Millennium.

For some it's half empty,others it's half full :P Anyway Steve thinks it's sold out,just like Poole was the other year B)

As a neutral..........

Would rather see it at Poole if it is held in the U.K.

Best race track and crowd in England by far .