British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

could anyone please tell me thankyou if this dvd is for sale to the general public also was this meeting filmed if so does anyone know the details on how purchase this meeting on tape or dvd thankyou.

I believe you can purchase the DVD for £7.99. try Seans own website. I also believe that the DVD of the meeting itself will be able to be purchased at a later date. It was certainly being filmed as they were showing the races in the Panorama Room

Made my first ever visit to Owlerton yesterday since moving up to Yorkshire from Dorset and, despite the cold, I will be returning if the racing yesterday is anything to go by!

Did start to wonder in the first four heats if I would enjoy the meeting as it was all very processional but after then there was passing in almost every heat with some real fast outside lines being taken.

Stood on backstraight (why is this not open all the time??) and had excellent view of some really close second bends. Thought on more than one occasion that a rider was going to go through the fence and join me on the terraces!

With racing like this last night Sheffield must go Elite! If they did I would make the 80 mile round trip every week but am reluctant to do so for the PL as I feel that there is too much home advantage resulting in one-sided home wins.

pedersen was his usual self running adams out in one heat

What you saw is a thing called o-v-e-r-t-a-k-i-n-g, although granted you don't see Pedersen having to do it all that often as he's usually half a lap in front of the also rans. :mad:

Guest Jim Blanchard

My daughter insisted on taking us there for a special treat as her life and ours have not been easy of late, and we throughly enjoyed it. Sarah was brought up on speedway - though its over 20 since she last went.

She thought it was a great spectacle and was screaming and shouting and using her video/phone.

After dropping us off she said she wants to go again very soon. She said how can anyone not like this!!!! She thought Nicki Pedersen ace.

Dantheman; you can have my copy of the DVD. Email me or PM and we will send it tomorrow.

Well done Sean. It was a great event and a nice day out.

Edited by Jim Blanchard

Truely amazing meeting, and thanks Sean for bringing a world class field together, showing us at Sheffield what we are missing not being an Elite side.

The track on the back straight looked a bit dodgy at first but as the races went along the racing became excellent.

Looking at the riders who impressed me, apart from the four in the final Freddie Lingren (sorry for the spelling) was very good, and Steady was very unlucky not make the final.

Also after last night I think I maybe turning into a Nicki Pedersen fan, all blood guts and thunder, but have to admit that the best rider on the night won, well done Crumpie.

As for Sean, well it will seem very strange that he won't be there riding on Thursday, for me he will be missed greatly, and I hope that he enjoys his retirement.

Did anybody bid for any of the body colours for the meeting, and were they successful.

The little guy who the auctioneer refered to as my friend with the Lucazade bottle was my lad Little Spin.

I have taken it upon myself to select the contact link off sean's website and asked them to notify sean that a number of people did not get a dvd and told them to check the posts on here, I am sure Sean would not be best pleased about people missing out, I shall post again if I hear anything of it.

My daughter insisted on taking us there for a special treat as her life and ours have not been easy of late, and we throughly enjoyed it.

Jim, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you. I took my youngest who has only been to three meetings in the last nine years & the bug has bitten him again big time. :wink:

Did anybody bid for any of the body colours for the meeting, and were they successful.

Yes I got one, Benji Comptons, and loads of the riders signed it.

Guest Jim Blanchard
Jim, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you. I took my youngest who has only been to three meetings in the last nine years & the bug has bitten him again big time.

That's OK LT, we could have been surrounded by many forumers but we would not have known. We did not see any silly pink cowboy hats - so I felt reasonably safe. :o:D

We were between the third and fourth bends and I thought someone would have thought - who is that old g*t with a young slim blond attractive woman who was shouting and jumping up and down at anything that moved. :o She even did our own sweep stake.... She was that keen.

Edited by Jim Blanchard

The little guy who the auctioneer refered to as my friend with the Lucazade bottle was my lad Little Spin.

Yes I purchased Gary Havelocks

We were between the third and fourth bends and I thought someone would have thought - who is that old g*t with a young slim blond attractive woman

That's where I stood with a few other forumers. Oh well, next time mate. :wink: