British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog

Crumpie tantrum?

maybe not being as good as his old man is getting to him?

Perhaps sky will give the guy a little more respect and value his privacy next time.
Sorry FT can't agree with this statement, if he doesn't like the limelight whether in a good or bad mood, maybe he's in the wrong business ;)

But Shazzy the point is Crump had left the main pit area and went to his van where I feel he is entitled to some privacy. If he had stayed in the main pits area then yes the cameras will intrude. But IMO they have no right to follow riders when out of the main area.

I agree with Lunchy in that Sky were looking for a reaction from a rider who is known to blow his top easily.

I am not a Crump fan but I feel for him in this situation where he obviously tried to avoid the cameras by leaving to go to his van. The camera crew should not have followed him out.

Guest sparky
some always feel the whole world is against them.I think JC fits into this last description..

I hardly think that's the case with Jason; he's had his praises sung to high heavens! Can't help but think he's his own worst enemy sometimes.

However, I do see this from both sides... I think it was a foolish way to conduct himself on camera and was hardly professional. It isn't the first time, as people have pointed out, that he's shown such an attitude ahd while I know there's an enourmous amount of pressure, other riders have shown they can handle it more resposibly.

However, we know that so often television and its audiences often thrive on sentationalism and controversy. I think the camera crew pushed it as far as they could, and it would have been unpredictable how any rider would have reacted to that.

xx

But Shazzy the point is Crump had left the main pit area and went to his van where I feel he is entitled to some privacy. If he had stayed in the main pits area then yes the cameras will intrude. But IMO they have no right to follow riders when out of the main area.

I agree with Lunchy in that Sky were looking for a reaction from a rider who is known to blow his top easily.

I am not a Crump fan but I feel for him in this situation where he obviously tried to avoid the cameras by leaving to go to his van. The camera crew should not have followed him out.

couldnt agree more

It's all well and good accepting praise and plaudits when things are going well,but you have to take the other side of it too.Plenty of other riders or sportsmen and women do !!! I feel this is like the kid we all used to know in the playground who used to take his ball home if he wasn't getting passed to enough or was losing.Sorry but i don't like or respect people like this,just my opinion.

Oh, believe me.. I understand, it is a classic case of forgetting who foots the pay cheque. C'mon, Television? Men from the boys and all that? I just hope he watched it and learned about basic PR,whatever anyone says, it looked bad..Hey , surf is up, gotta go...... 8)

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I hope next time Jason learns his lesson and instead of standing by his van he gets in it and shuts the door behind him. :D:D

I was going to say the same Lunchy or maybe even lock himself in a toilet! ;)

my children and I approached the motor home of Billy Hamill and Greg Hancock looking for their autographs and after waiting patiently for their turn, my children and I were asked inside where we were given a tour which finished with signed photos of both riders.

I'm impressed - hat's off to both of them. :approve:

Crump has always been a bad loser, which is why I can't stand the guy either. Maybe he's related to Martin Dugard!

Just to add, I've met Greg Hancock before, and I have to say he is one of the nicest friendliest people I've ever met.

Bad loser or just ultra-competitive? Whatever anyone thinks about the way Jason conducted himself on Saturday, the fact remains that on the track he always gives 110% and the GP series would be much the poorer without him in it.

As regards SKY, to be fair it is their job to offer a watchable and engaging product which I think is right to include "warts and all" both on and off the track. You couldn't actually hear what Jason said, and even if you could is f**k off really that shocking or offensive these days?

I am sure that Jason himself would agree that in an ideal world he should have behaved in a manner more befitting a role model - but in that world we'd all be perfect wouldn't we?

Seeing as Sky has copped a lot of abuse recently for their PL attitude, maybe we should cut them some slack here.

Reason? Well, they don't actually cover the GP's themselves. This is done by Chrysalis who are employed by BSI. The Chrysalis pictures are then shipped on to all the worldwide networks willing to pay for them.....

For the record, yes Jason's reaction was bad but I have to agree with the point about invasion of privacy. Not only did the cameraman go somewhere he probably shouldn't have, but he stayed there for quite some time also - just desperate for a reaction it appeared.

I think all parties involved deserve a reprimand of some sort.... :evil:

OK Wizza, apologies to Sky for sure, didn't realise it wasn't their cameraman who did the dirty!!

Actually i don't think Chrysalis do the GP coverage either this year, seem to remember reading another company is doing it this year but can't remember who off the top of my head.