British Speedway Forum
Goin2Cali4nia

Speedway Tours

Hello everyone,

This is my first posting to the forum. I am hoping I have found a place where the 'die-hard' fans hang out. The sort of people who might remember the 1982 World Final and, more importantly, might have been among the many Brits who took a holiday out there that summer, taking in the World Final on 28 August.

I am mindful that we are less than two years from the 25th Anniversary of that exciting time, and I feel there should be a reunion - preferably in California.

Any thoughts, anyone?

My mum, dad and brother went, but I went to Reading Festival and Betamaxed it off World of Sport while I was there. Then watched it when I came back and had the house to myself for the best part of two weeks.

i was there!!

and had an argument with some Cradley fans in Disneyland ...

went to Costa Mesa too ... think it was the night before or 2 nights before the final.

just after coming back we had a new gas heater fitted and the program for the final was on the sideboard ... the British Gas fitter saw the prog and said he did a bit of grasstrack ... it was Steve Schofield

Edited by stevehone

I was there! LOL. In fact I was look down on the run up to first bend where the Penhall/Carter incident started. I have no plans to return to the USA though.

i was there!!

Some things never change do they Steve? :lol:

i was there!!

Oh yes . . . The Cabbage patch kids

Some things never change do they Steve? :lol:

you know me Kevin, i'm not normally one to have an argument or say anything out of place.

just happened to have the argument as they were Penhall supporters and i was there supporting Kenny Carter.

oh, and i didn't like the accents :D

was funny though, it was boiling hot and i was in shorts and t-shirt and they were wearing their big thick green Cradley jackets, with scarves etc ... must have absolutely stunk in there :unsure:

i was in shorts and t-shirt

Toooooooooooooo much information there Mr Hone!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum Goin2Cali4nia happy posting :wink:

Yeah but not half as much as your attitude!!!

you might be right there ... but wearing jacket and scarves in Los Angeles in a hot August :blink:

phew!!

:D