British Speedway Forum
madbiker

65 - 13

the old maximum defeat / victory scoreline, Has anybody ever seen one ??

Yep - was in the pits when Crayford beat Workington 65-12. :wink:

Crayford actually beat Workington 65-12 back in 1980 but I wasn't at the meeting.

Bryn posted at the same time.

Edited by Kevin Hammond

No, but I did see Belle Vue beat Eastbourne (I think) 64-14 in the 80s, with Kenny McKinna losing out to Colin Richardson for the odd point.

My dad always reckoned Bristol were the first team to do the complete monopoly sometime in the 50s. In those days it was 14 heat fixtures, I think, so the result may have been 70-14.

No, but I did see Belle Vue beat Eastbourne (I think) 64-14 in the 80s, with Kenny McKinna losing out to Colin Richardson for the odd point.

My dad always reckoned Bristol were the first team to do the complete monopoly sometime in the 50s.  In those days it was 14 heat fixtures, I think, so the result may have been 70-14.

1949 actually - Bristol beat White City 70-14 in Division Two of the National League - were you at that one too Bryn? :wink:

1949 actually - Bristol beat White City 70-14 in Division Two of the National League - were you at that one too Bryn? :wink:

Alas not Kevin - were you?

:P:wink:

I saw Swindon beat Halifax 61-16 in 1976. David Ashbby had a last place and Geoff Bouchard had a third if I remember rightly. Other than that it was all maximums, and after 8 heats Halifax had just 7 points!

I saw Cradley beat Halifax 64-14 in 1980 I think. Pretty certain the Cradley rider who missed out was none other than Erik Gundersen in about Heat 9 or 10. Extremely dull meeting from the racing point of view, only interest being whether the max could be achieved.

I saw Cradley beat Halifax 64-14 in 1980 I think. Pretty certain the Cradley rider who missed out was none other than Erik Gundersen in about Heat 9 or 10. Extremely dull meeting from the racing point of view, only interest being whether the max could be achieved.

I'm a little surprised that Nevsy hasn't extolled the virtues of Exeter's 75-15 demolition of Arena Essex in 2000 at this point! :D

I'm a little surprised that Nevsy hasn't extolled the virtues of Exeter's 75-15 demolition of Arena Essex in 2000 at this point!  :D

And if I remember correctly they followed it up just seven days later with a 74-16 win over Glasgow?

I'm a little surprised that Nevsy hasn't extolled the virtues of Exeter's 75-15 demolition of Arena Essex in 2000 at this point!  :D

didnt ryr do a similar scoreline too? saw the eagles beat Berwick 61-16 in the cup final and was at the belle vue one meantioned earlier, the also beat Lynn 75-0 when they walked out as did p'bor v b'ham one year.

didnt ryr do a similar scoreline too? saw the eagles beat Berwick 61-16 in the cup final and was at the belle vue one meantioned earlier, the also beat Lynn 75-0 when they walked out as did p'bor v b'ham one year.

Saw Mildenhall beat Berwick 64 - 14 if memory serves. The only rider beaten was Rob Henry i think.

Hopefully a fellow Monarch can clarify this somewhat hazy info that is coming from my memory banks.

I am sure Monarchs beat Boston 63-14 in a league match circa 1978, with the only dropped points by a Monarch being someone falling off in one race. Any further info would be appreciated. I remember being very upset at the time of the fall as I thought I was about to witness a historical moment.

Rico :rolleyes:

I was at Hackney for the England - Poland meeting when England got a 5-1 in every heat apart from the last when it was 3-2,due to Ray Wilson and Plech? getting excluded.