British Speedway Forum

Yep saw the other thread, but no offence to who started it, but they look like they suffer from Dyslexia with the topic headline.

but at least they didn't get the date wrong :rolleyes:

Just as a matter of interest, are any other forumers making the trip to the Norfolk Arena to watch this meeting tomorrow night?

can't see many more supporters going than we normally get, but i certainly hope i'm wrong.

once again it's one of those meetings where people will be thinking about going but if there's a drop of rain it could keep the crowd down thanks to recent events.

Yep saw the other thread, but no offence to who started it, but they look like they suffer from Dyslexia with the topic headline.

but at least they didn't get the date wrong :rolleyes:

:lol:

Just in case anyone thinks SL has gone off her head, two topics for this meeting have been merged

Shame its not on SKY as i cant see any of these lads wanting to not ride due to a spot of rain. The best thing about this meeting is that they are all young and hungry, so they will all be giving 150% you can guarantee that.

Shame its not on SKY as i cant see any of these lads wanting to not ride due to a spot of rain. The best thing about this meeting is that they are all young and hungry, so they will all be giving 150% you can guarantee that.

i don't doubt that at all and am expecting a decent meeting, i just hope the supporters feel the same.

some tracks can be great levellers and being at KL it will give some the chance to beat Kennett.

i certainly expect Kennett to win the meeting still (as he is supposed to be England's next great white hope :rolleyes: )but later rounds might find the going tough if it's on a big track ... he won't be getting seeded from other meetings if he does miss out :wink:

seen Bridger round KL and he looked good but he wasn't up against anyone ...

D King could win it as could Boxall.

**EDIT**

just seen weather forecast ... http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tomorr...code=Pe34%203ag

Kennett might get about 6 or 7 if it's on :D

Edited by stevehone

And I think Mike Bennett is filming it too.

Can Micman confirm thats the case plse

Just as a matter of interest, are any other forumers making the trip to the Norfolk Arena to watch this meeting tomorrow night?

No. I'd only consider going if it was at Newport or Somerset, even then I'd only consider it.

Lets be honest, just what does being British under 21 Champion mean? Totally devalued meeting with the qualifiers a bit of a joke (lets have confirmed, set i stone line ups, not changed around to suit riders home tracks) and the Stoke round with 2 Aussies riding (one only as reserve) was farcical!

some tracks can be great levellers and being at KL it will give some the chance to beat Kennett.

i certainly expect Kennett to win the meeting still (as he is supposed to be England's next great white hope  :rolleyes: )but later rounds might find the going tough if it's on a big track ... he won't be getting seeded from other meetings if he does miss out  :wink:

Nah, James Wright is a better rider and he'll beat him as he would on at least 80% of tracks. James can ride all tracks, big and small!

Can Micman confirm that?

I can confirm that we will be filming the U21 British Final tomorrow, I shall be on camera on the gantry and Tracey will be in the pits and on trackside, we are still trying to get a third person to cover the start line. Mike will be doing centre green (concrete) presentation and interviews.

Edited by Team Man

QUOTE(Triple B's @ Apr 18 2006, 01:37 PM)

From what I can remember Its £13 admission for adults

There was an advert in the SS last week & from what I can remember the agenda is

2.00pm - 4.00pm Practise

5.00pm - 6.00pm autograph session

6.00pm - 7.00pm Live Band

Then Parade at 7.30pm with first race 7.45pm.

And someone wrote: Thanks for the info Triple B's. I'm surprised there's nothing yet on the official Norfolk Arena website. :o

-------------------

Having just got back from the IOW where the home side nearly finished third :P I can tell everyone that there's a very good reason why there's been nothing on the NA official site. Had a text message from Jonathan Chapman during the IOW match asking me if I could put something up on both this forum and the unofficial King's Lynn one. That's because Jonathan was involved in an accident over the weekend and was taken into hospital or an emergency op and therefore has been unable to update any websites.

The timetable for today is as above and the riders taking part (not necessarily in riding order) are:

Edward Kennett; Ben Barker; Joel Parsons; Josh Auty; Ben Wilson; Richie Dennis; William Lawson; James Brundle; Luke Bowen; Lewis Bridger; James Wright; Benji Compton; Jason King; Daniel King and Steve Boxall.

That leaves one place to be filled and there will be a "Vultures Race" between Simon Lambert, Jamie Courtney and Jack Hargreaves - the winner filling that vacant spot, the other two acting as meeting reserves.

People (work permitting of course! :wink: ) are welcome to attend all the events shown on the timetable above.

Bryn

E.Kennett

L.Bridger

Good luck to Eddie and Lewis!

William Lawson was very good on Monday at Wolves. Wish him good luck.

Good luck to James Wright for this meeting. On current form, he is by far the best rider in the field. Danny King and Kennet will put up a good fight, as will Lawson on the way he is riding at the moment. I would even say Boxall, but there is only one winner here, the one and only, Wrighty. Go on lad!!