British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robpeasley

Rickardsson - How Does He Get A Farewell Meeting?

:D  :D  Poor old Todd!

That's not a word I'd use there Schumi after the farewell meeting he must of pocketed a fair bit :P No point in going over old ground here with regard to farewells and riders re-appearing, might as well let them all have a meeting make mega bucks and then come back and make some more money, yes I know Todd left for a reason and yes I know his circumstances have changed (for any fan that starts on that old chestnut) but hey ho that's life.

That's not a word I'd use there Schumi after the farewell meeting he must of pocketed a fair bit  :P  No point in going over old ground here with regard to farewells and riders re-appearing, might as well let them all have a meeting make mega bucks and then come back and make some more money, yes I know Todd left for a reason and yes I know his circumstances have changed (for any fan that starts on that old chestnut) but hey ho that's life.

And YES you know better than to make such comments! :unsure:

Have about as much enthusiasm for a Rickardsson farewell meeting as for the Elite Riders Championship .

One meeting I certainly wont bother with .

Give me a rider who really cares for the team he rides for not only himself, they are the ones who deserve a farewell meeting ., or a rider like Cegielski who could do with the money to make his life easier .

Edited by tony159

Tony is one of the all time greats in speedway history, and I see no reason why he shouldn't have a farewell meeting over here if he wants.

He might be a great speedway rider, but it does not take away from the fact that he put British speedway and the fans low in his list of speedway priorities.

One would assume he will be earning money from his farewell meeting? One would assume he will move back to Sweden and it will not be spent in the UK?

I don't see why there should be any conditions set on a Farewell anyway. To be honest, even if Jonas Raun decided to have a farewell meeting then why shouldn't he? Surely it should be up to individual riders and promoters.

Get a life Rob Peahead. Your constant snipes at the greatest rider ever are pathetic and the reason why Oxford fans are not getting any sympathy.

Tony will go down as the greatest Rob and that gets under your skin.

Maybe the best in our current era, but certainly not the best ever!

and I have to say a little too big for his boots with some of his demands.

I for one would not pay to go to a TR farewell meeting.

It makes not one iota what certain OXO fans and a few other TRick haters ( the usual cronies) think. Poole will be busting at the seams for TRicks farewell, the last chance to see the sports greatest ever rider in the UK.

With the WTC final the previous night, there will be hundreds of foriegners over who will be making a B line for Wimborne Road for this event. Add the Poole fans in and we haven't got any more room for anyone else anyway!!

TRick is a hero to 99% of Poole fans and nothng Rob P and a few others on here will change that. Sorry but thats the truth and TRick will get a fantastic sendoff from the thousands crammed into Poole Speedway to say bye.

Trick has been granted a farewell meeting - and i'm sure it will be packed.

I won't bother going, even though I respect him as a rider and admit he has been superb over the years.

I still don't get the stance from a certain number of Oxford fans towards him, but when you are World Champion it goes with the territory I guess.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

............ and to think my mother used to try and teach me if I couldn't say something nice about someone then best to say nothing at all. :sad:

Looks like the chips & sour grapes must be on long term special offer at Tesco's in Cowley!

Unfortunately I won't be in the country for TRicks farewell meeting, but if I was I'd be more than happy to part with some of my hard earned cash one last time to attend the meeting. I think over the years I've had more than my money's worth of on track entertainment & excitement out of TRick.

After the let down of seeing one of the all time greats finish his BL career in a team resembaling an average PL side, I hope his individual career finishes with a bang and world title no.7.

I don't see why there should be any conditions set on a Farewell anyway. To be honest, even if Jonas Raun decided to have a farewell meeting then why shouldn't he? Surely it should be up to individual riders and promoters.

Precisely.

If you want to go to TRicks farewell go, if you don't, don't.

Simple really.

Any news on the format yet? Is it still Poole vs the TR select with inveral attraction of a chat from the guy who scored the most points for Poole back in 1956?

Or is it actually going to be the TR farewell with a select group of the world greatest riders and entertainers each battling it out on track in honour of the great man while the old Poole guys are the interval attraction at a POOLE MEETING!

If ther right riders are there and I don't have to sit and listen to so old guys mumbling on about how great it was to ride for Poole (when I'm there to see TR, not hear about Poole) I'll be there, even if he did "take the piss out of Oxford and British speedway", as we're being told by the Oxford fans!

Just one question...Why is he having it at Poole when he has been an asset of Ipswich since he came to this country !!!!

jaybea

Well, he's not too popular with some of the Ippo fans I've spoken to, so maybe that's why!!! And the Lynn fans don't seem to like him either - seems Mr. Rickardsson is only loved at Poole, where the fans have turned a blind eye to his selfish, individual ways.

All the best

Rob Peasley

Edited by lucifer sam

Evil indeed is the man with not one woman to mourn him.

Anyway, if Poole want to stage TR a farewell meeting and TR wants to have one and riders are willing to ride in it, who are we to quibble?

Now, usually, I'm all for a bit of quibbling. The more quibbling the merrier. But, on this occasion, I don't really care.

Edited by Subedei