British Speedway Forum

No it was the ELRC later in the year after Polish GP

Of course wagstaffs mini cardiff how could anyone forget that :P

Funny, I don't remember the ELRC ever being held at Oxford...

Edited by DutchBoy

No excuses.All teams are governed by the rules whether they like them or not.The most successful and most famous team on the planet won the event.Deal with it and move on is what i suggest some should do. :angry:

The most successful and most famous team on the planet won the event.

Jesus H Christ how many usernames does Ouch/DAC/oneofclubs need? :blink:

Must be the air up there. They all say the same thing in more or less every post. :lol:

Everyone knows Poole were robbed of a final place because of some muppet making up daft rules.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Jesus H Christ how many usernames does Ouch/DAC/oneofclubs need? :blink:

Must be the air up there. They all say the same thing in more or less every post.  :lol:

Everyone knows Poole were robbed of a final place because of some muppet making up daft rules.

But isn't Matt Ford on the BSPA management committee that, presumably, comes up with these "daft" rules?

just got back, dont think the best pair won, not sour grapes, but stead was no partner to crump all night, adams ulamek were unbeaten in their first three races. it was tactics and funny rules that won it. Why did Schlein make a fuss about the track before the start of heat 21 he was telling the track staff and they went out on track and the race was delayed, who does he think he is should of told him to get stuffed he aint no-one but a total whinger, jumped up little...... if anyone made a fuss it was going to be him, still like someone said he is just a BOY learning his trade. remember Gosford. sorry but he winds me up something wicked. Poole should of been in the final,it seemed a bit flat after saturday but enjoyed it anyway.

Edited by shingle

That is a bit daft I have to say. It should have obviously gone to when the pairs met in the event of a tie. The scoring sytem itself is set up for less emphasis on race wins, and then they decide the finalists on race wins. Totally contradictory. Very silly.

Talking of silly, I never thought Leigh Adams would ever look a bit daft winning by half a lap!

That is a bit daft I have to say. It should have obviously gone to when the pairs met in the event of a tie. The scoring sytem itself is set up for less emphasis on race wins, and then they decide the finalists on race wins. Totally contradictory. Very silly.

Talking of silly, I never thought Leigh Adams would ever look a bit daft winning by half a lap!

Perhaps Rosco told Leigh that whoever finished first in the final won the event . :unsure:

Steve S,

You bad loser!!!! The rules were CLEARLY printed in the programme (yes, the rules for a tie were daft, but they were also clear). Belle Vue qualified fair and square, and then were deserving winners of the final. So both of your teams, Poole and Swindon, were beaten today.

A sour note was Ian Thomas when interviewed, telling the fans of ALL the other tracks "to get stuffed, because this is our day". Didn't he realise that most of the neutrals had been cheering on his team in the final, to prevent the home win all too prevalent in shared events.

And Rosco was AGAIN the loser, for the second time in four days - what a crying shame :D:D (also means I don't have to change my sig)

So a great result. Swindon didn't win, and Oxford didn't finish last in Group B.

All the best

Rob Peasley

Edited by lucifer sam

So a great result.  Swindon didn't win, and Oxford didn't finish last in Group B.

All the best

Rob Peasley

I think you've summed up the standing and ambition levels of our respective supported clubs very nicely Rob.

A good O*ford result is not coming last...at least you realise you're rubbish i guess! :P

Frigbo,

It's a consolidaton year - but next year we'll kick your asses :D :D

And remind me, have many trophies super-ambitious Swindon have won this year. One less than Oxford I think you will find :D

All the best

Rob

Rob P, BV won the final fair and square, nothing wrong with that. The gripe, and general consensus from fans from other clubs, and putting aside personal insults aimed in my direction, is that they shouldn't have been in the final in the first place.

I watched the meeting with my finger on the fast forward, and when Poole came to tapes in the final heat I thought, second and third are good enough here, and was shocked to discover that what should have been common sense yet again has been blown out of the water.

And Rob, I didn't care one iota who won the final. All I can say is I am glad I didn't waste £20 plus fuel going to this shambles.

And Ian Thomas. What a nice guy telling the fans of other clubs to "get stuffed". Jerk.

All I can say is that if the rules means Shovvy's team doesn't qualify .. then that is ok by me !  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

PS : Great podium Swindon ... looked like a B&Q Wallpaper table !

Cheers

I thought it looked like Wallpaper table Poole use as there track shop.

I thought it looked like Wallpaper table Poole use as there track shop.

yeah, that was a total joke, plus no champagne, talk about making our sport look cheap