British Speedway Forum

Just got back and only 3 things to say

3. What da F**k was that track,awfull

2. Merideth as got to be sacked

3. well done scotty

Quiet a decent meeting, crowd wasn't that great, few more than a Belle Vue meeting.

Best four got to the final with Smudger and Lanham also providing some good entertainment. Bomber deserved to win the meeting on the heat performances but chose the wrong gate in yellow and was at the back from the start.

Richardson was dreadful and I would not pick him for the world cup.

Great effort from Ricky Ashworth at the meeting today. Was unlucky not to win his 1st heat after leading Lanham for 3 laps then catching the rut on the 2nd bend of the absolutley awful track. Second heat for Ricky was a combination of not hearing the 2 minutes and a bike problem, which wouldn't start.

Then his big heat of the night with a fine win over Simon Stead (The best Brit in the Elite League averages), with Ricky gating and Steady getting no where near. It went all quiet from the Belle Vue fans and Ricky definitley enjoyed that win.

Bike troubles in the last two rides cost him more points and a creditable finish but plenty of positives for him to take from the meeting. Good to see Ricky is getting more sponsors with Marshall Racing now a big sponsor for Ricky and setting him up with new leathers, team shirts and a pit stand, which made him look like a Grand prix rider.

Well done to Scotty on winning the meeting!!

The track was an absolute joke, with ruts on both bends and dust fling around from about heat 10!!

Edited by seanisnumber1

What was the crowd like today?

Think they said 53 less than expected :P

Not really....only 32 less.Some that signed had second thought come the day!

Edited by iris123

What happened with Paul Hurry crashing Rob?

Just slid off on the first bend, no one touched him.

Will Screeny do the GP qualifiers?

Who knows?

Does anyone know what the qualifying system is for the GP's now. It was announced today but I didn't full understand it.

From what I could make out, out of the top 4 today, 2 goto a qualifier in Slovenia and 2 to one in Hungary.

The top 5 out of those two meetings go into the final at Vetlanda, Sweden. (But that would make only 10 riders?)

The top 3 from Vetlanda then qualify for the GP series. But only 3? Do the top 12 from this years GP series stay in for next year then or is there going to be wildcards picked by BSI still?

Just spoke to someone and apparently Hurry has broken some ribs.

Does anyone know what the qualifying system is for the GP's now. It was announced today but I didn't full understand it.

Top 8 from this year stay in to be joined by the top 3 from the GP qualifier and 4 permanent wildcards.

Qualifiers are at Tarnow, poland and Miskolc, Hungary on Sat July 8 and Zarnovica , Slovakia on the following day. 5 go through from Poland and Hungary and 6 from Slovakia.

Do you want to know the allocations by country for the qualifiers???

So there is still going to be permanent wild cards, thought they were getting rid of them and making it all on qualifying now. Going to be tough to qualify with only 3 spots up for grabs.

Ta Rob I hope Screeny does would be great to see him in the GPs again.

You are joking :blink:

I would rather see Lee Richardson stay in. :o

Edited by Mark Evans

I suppose 3 qualifiers is better than none, though it will be a tough meeting to sat the least. Don't like the idea of the 4 wild cards, would prefer it if numbers 9 to 15 were seeded to the Qualifier final and then there were 7 to qualify from that.

What absolute total b******s that meeting was. Track was an absolute disgrace for a national championship. Scotty and Floppy got out and did it themselves on bend 1 and 2, notice that no-one hit that hole again. Dust was very very bad. I watched ( I use the term 'watched' very loosly) as much as I could from bend 3 and 4 from some of the meeting and it was absolutely terrible. The water cart was ommiting very little from itself, and what it was, appeared to be watering the fence for a lot of it!

The whole show was just pathetic. No atmosphere, no crowd and possibly the worst track announcer in the world, makes ours look like absolutely superb next to him! Racing was awfull and this should NOT be blamed on the weather. We had similar conditions last year to try and stage a British Final, where there was very little dust and some excellent racing.

I think David Howe was a little unlucky. Caught out by the track in his first ride whilst leading probably lost a lot of entusiam for the meeting after that but still showed signs he could have done a lot better. Don't know what Bomber was thinking chosing gate 4 and giving Nicholls one. He'd just won his last race from the inside when he hadn't made a great start, surely the obvious thing to do was to do it again! Some good action from Nicholls in heat 20 even though Olly let Lanham and Scott passed him!

Not suprised Floppy didn't ride again. Don't think he wanted to die on the track that was put out in front of him!

As for Paul Hurry, he didn't slide off on his own, Olly Allen clattered in the side of him!

Hello everybody, new member here!

Went to the meeting, well done scotty, deserved to win, i think most people will agree that's scotty's our best rider at the moment. He's won 4 british finals already, god knows how many more he's going to win!!!

Got to say i was disappointed with the size of the crowd but you have to look at the quality of the line up.

Have to say it looks like we might only have 1 gp rider next season in scotty nicholls unless steady/bomber can make it through the qualifers.

I was well disappointed with lee richardson today, i just dont know what's going wrong for him although he might be in the world cup team just because of lack of quailty.