British Speedway Forum

The other thing I noticed was Greg talking about what I thought was a great race with Bjarne and then him complaining post-race that Bjarne rode a little hard. What concerned me was his 'what goes around comes around' comment, especially as Poole are at Smallmead on Monday. Just hoping he doesn't have any daft ideas of payback for something that imo was just a good race by both of them.

I said the very same to my missus, not that she wsa taking much notice :rolleyes:

Thing is I don't know what Greg was getting at, I didn't see any contact between the two. I've always liked Greg and seen him as one of the 'good guys' so I hope he doesn't resort to any kind of Nicki style revenge tactics monday night. Having said that, Bjarne will be so far ahead of him he won't have a chance :approve:

Edited by pirate paul

Not the best track was it, you would think they would have it down to a fine art by now.

Adams done the usual, when i matters he chokes.

Crump, the championship is all but done and dusted.

Rickardsson does not look interested, he just seems to be going through the motions.

Nicholls just lacking that final push as usual.

And Andersen stuck it up BSI.

Overall not a bad meeting considering the first couple of races.

The other thing I noticed was Greg talking about what I thought was a great race with Bjarne and then him complaining post-race that Bjarne rode a little hard. What concerned me was his 'what goes around comes around' comment, especially as Poole are at Smallmead on Monday. Just hoping he doesn't have any daft ideas of payback for something that imo was just a good race by both of them.

I thought he was saying he lost in a hard race and for every hard race he losses, he wins one. Nothing to do with Bjarne being hard.

Greg couldnt' do dirty if he tried, remember the heat Nicki stuck him in the fence in a GP? In the re-run he just rode past him and moved over a little, Crumpy and nicki would have laughted at that!

Fair enough if I took it the wrong way. But Greg can do hard when he wants to...seem to remember him being very harsh on Havvy in one SWC race and almost sticking him in the fence on the line. But hey, you have to be ruthless now and then.

Noted on the reports a couple of people mentioned Nikki Pedersens poor display at Parken...... ..Reading the Eastie programme from last nights meeting

"Ahead of the cup clashes with Wolves, Nikki has advised us that he will not be available for our matches next week at Arena and Swindon as he has to undergo more treatment for his wrist problems. he has assured us he will be back to take his place in arguably our two most important meetings. His place in the 2 meetings will be filled by Leigh Adams at Arena and Screenie at Swindon"

May explain his performance. As even after the operation he has been icing his wrists between heats

This should be the last meeting held in the Parken stadium, Copenhagen - the track was nothing short of disgraceful and the meeting awful.

As to the riders:

Matej ZAGAR - did nothing of note.

Lee RICHARDSON - did reasonably well on a lottery of a track.

Tony RICKARDSSON - doesn't appear remotely interested.

Jaroslaw HAMPEL - couldn't cope with conditions.

Antonio LINDBACK - a very creditable performance.

Nicki PEDERSEN - out of sorts.

Piotr PROTASIEWICZ - might as well have not been there.

Scott NICHOLLS - made the semis and then flopped, per usual.

Andreas JONSSON - the luck wasn't with him tonight, but he tried.

Tomasz GOLLOB - made little, or no attempt to cope with conditions.

Niels Kristian IVERSEN - battled away gamely.

Jason CRUMP - always in the thick of the action.

Leigh ADAMS - just doesn't seem to want it enough.

Greg HANCOCK - another fine showing from Hancock, until the semi.

Bjarne PEDERSEN - his best GP performance of the season.

Hans ANDERSEN - wanted it more than anyone else.

I thought some of crumps riding tonight was bordering on dangerous rather than fair.He stuffed both pedersens down the back straight a couple of times,admittedly the track was tricky tho.

Ridiculous, both times Crump was well in front looking straight forwards, they were trying to go round the outside through a gap that wasn't there.

Crump probably didn't even know they were there. They should of shut off, like Crump had to when he got squeezed out by Lindback.

Arise Hans Andersen, a thoroughly deserved win tonight. Something tells me he may have been trying to prove a point tonight!!

Crump - same as always does enough to get to Semi Finals then turns it on, second was still a great result.

Bjarne - rode well, will be looking for more GPs like that.

Adams - story of his career; promised so much, rode really well but not when it mattered!

Nicholls and Richardson - well done for making the semis but both had last choice of gates, may as well start 15 metres back if your last to chose gate at either Cardiff or Copenhagen.

Lindback - I have always thought highly of him, he has such potential! Best of the young bunch coming through at the minute for me.

Rickardsson - (I will put as much effort in as he is doing this year) he rode....

Am I putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but could this dip in Gollob's form have anything to do with his brother being dropped from their Polish team, as Gollob isn't riding very well there either.

Fair enough if I took it the wrong way. But Greg can do hard when he wants to...seem to remember him being very harsh on Havvy in one SWC race and almost sticking him in the fence on the line. But hey, you have to be ruthless now and then.

Thats the way I interpreted it as well to be honest, he was bascially saying "Hell some you win some you lose, tonight I lost"

Top class performance from Hans Anderson who managed to make me scoop £45 after I placed £5 at 9/1. Makes up from the last GP in Cardiff when I had my money on Greg Hancock until he failed at the second attempt in the Final.

Am I putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but could this dip in Gollob's form have anything to do with his brother being dropped from their Polish team, as Gollob isn't riding very well there either.

Yes, I think you've got an answer of 5 there.

Ridiculous, both times Crump was well in front looking straight forwards, they were trying to go round the outside through a gap that wasn't there.

Crump probably didn't even know they were there. They should of shut off, like Crump had to when he got squeezed out by Lindback.

Spot on Rob, I was going to post the same but you beat me to it. Congratulations to Hans, well done to Jason on extending his lead and also a commendable effort by Tony to get his bike off the track quickly after his fall. Speaking of Tony, it is sad to see a great champion like him seemingly going through the motions. Before the season started it was understandable that he would want to try and beat Mauger's 6 titles and set himself apart with 7, but it all seems to have gone to pot for him. Bottom line, he is a great champion, arguably the greatest ever, but I can't understand why he is continuing to go down without a fight. Some might say he is getting his comuppence (?) for treating the Elite League as an early season sharpener, maybe so, but I think it is a shame to see him ride like an also ran. If his heart really isn't in it perhaps it would be better if he called it a day now so that he can be best remembered as a truly great champion rather than as having had a stinker of a last season. Just my thoughts, others might disagree.

Totally agree with you about Tony - he might as not be there in the races now. Not the way I'd wish to remember him. :(

Think the fact he is already racing the Porsche series or whatever says more about it - his heart isn't in it and his commitment is now in that discipline.

Edited by rabbit

Totally agree with you about Tony - he might as not be there in the races now. Not the way I'd wish to remember him.  :(

Think the fact he is already racing the Porsche series or whatever says more about it - his heart isn't in it and his commitment is now in that discipline.

IMO Tony should pack in now as whether age or injuries have caught up with him may be the reason?.As for being the best Mauger won his last title at 40 yrs old and was still at the top of his game and never gave up as TR seems to be IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)