British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Swc Final Sat 22 July 2006

Who do you lot think will win the final then? Let me make one thing clear from the start I would love Team GB or England as we should be known win it I have nothing against Middlo at all. I just cant see us winning it though Denmark and Australia are better sides. The whole point of my argument is in any other sport if you have a manager who has had 6 chances of winning a trophy and the team doesnt succeed then surely you have to look elsewhere?

The boys show plenty of fight and team spirit seems good but we never seem to go that extra yard to win why is that? Surely the buck stops with the manager?

Come on Middlo as team manager you must give us the best chance of winning the cup on saturday Stead cant ride Smallmead Louis can bring in Loobie for Gods sake!!!!!

Oh yeah Denmark or Australia will win it we will finish 3rd. People please afterwards dont come on here and say what a great effort we put up heard it all for the last 5 years.

Australia

Denmark

GB

Sweden

if the track is like it was tonight. If we have a track thats not a dustbowl then I think we may beat the Danes, however I can't see anyone but the Aussies winning.

Track was awful tonight, spoiled the meeting..

Also there's no point criticising Middlo - the riders have to deliver and they all had some dodgy moments - things they can only put rigt individually.

Also agree Chris Louis ought to be given a chance as Stead was poor tonight.

Steady got 4 from 3. Loram only got 7 from 5...! And Lee got 10 from 6, if he didn't gate he pretty much came last, simple as...! Smallmead is certainly not one of Steady's favourite tracks, agreed, but taking him out of 2 rides tonight was pretty pathetic on Middlo's part. Talk about undermining confidence of one of GB's most promising young riders...!

:blink:

And just to add, Steady hasn't come last in a race in the SWC yet!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Ace no.5

Yeah think Steady should have at least been left in for his final heat, didn't see that as a good move personally.

Can see Australia winning, their team is just so strong this year. The Danes might push them, but I doubt either GB or Sweden will be in the top 2. If they are, it'll be very close indeed.

Australia ..... [1st]

Denmark......[2nd]

Sweden........[3rd]

Gt. Britain.....[4th]

I won't be able to watch the final - unless someone can come up with a pub in the Exeter area that will be showing it? :neutral:

Australia ..... [1st]

Denmark......[2nd]

Sweden........[3rd]

Gt. Britain.....[4th]

I won't be able to watch the final - unless someone can come up with a pub in the Exeter area that will be showing it?  :neutral:

Drop in on Nevs. :D

Denmark

Australia

Sweden

Team GB

Denmark for me ....... Lets be honest the track is not likely to change on Sat so would seem OO has got his way and provids another dogsh++e track. Hans is in superb form and after Crump is probably the form rider at the moment. Nikki P will be more dialled in than tonight.

Crump should guarantee a double point return and if Wiltshire is fully recovered from his spill in Poland his gating ability on a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick track will be worth a good sum of points. Travis on home track should aid their cause .... however it will be interesting to see how Travis deals with the added pressure.

Sweden I think have greater strength than Team GB throughout the side on a slick track. Loram, Nicholls, Bomber, Stead are racers who would prefer a track with grip and passing opportunities. Nicholls has struggled getting out the gate all season, Loram has never been the best of trappers and Stead and Harris are not consistently bang into first corner. Richardson is perhaps the only gater in the Team GB ??? so why let OO have a slick track.

On a dustbowl gating will be the precedent and the Aussies ,Swedes and Danes have the edge in that department. Although I will hope the crowd helps the Team GB guys ..... but cant see the atmosphere being like Poole.

Who do you lot think will win the final then? 

Denmark

Australia

Sweden

GB :D

Australia :D

Denmark or Sweden - does it matter :neutral:

Team GB (Gating Badly) :sad:

I just cannot understand Middlo sometimes - aparently choosing Stead because he was showing faith with his Event 1 sides and then taking the rider out of his last two rides.

Either Steady is good enough or not.

Middlo's actions tend to suggest he didn't in fact have the belief in Stead that he said he did.

There is every chance that GB will improve with Chris Louis in the side. But at least we didn't drop as big a cog as the Poles - Holta (or another in the squad) clearly should have been in for KK...

The poor Reading track copped 37 degree heat on Wednesday, nearly as bad yesterday, plus it had same day practise - an ultra slick track was inevitable. Hopefully with practise today and rather kinder weather conditions there will be a bit less slickness about.

Hopefully team GB will rise to the challenge - especially with Louis - but I can't see beyond either the Aussies or Danes. Possibly Travis will be the key to which side takes the Cup.....(no pressure Trav!)

Hope I'm wrong but it would seem like the Aussies, if their big four go well and Travis supports, or the Danes who revel in the slick. Can only see GB challenging Sweden but will be there regardless to support.

Think we should get off Middlo's back too - at least for the moment. He's produced a team to lose by one point against the Aussies, beat the Poles twice and comfortably get through to the final finishing a handful of points behind the pre-tournament favourites on a track which suited them.

Fair enough if we get embarrassed on Saturday have a go but remember we are ranked 4 in the world and will finish at least 4th come what may.

I'd really like to see Chris Louis given the chance in the final, he's on great form, can gate, can ride the slick ......... what more do we want?!

I think that the final is a match between Australia and Denmark. The "Big 4" of Jason, Leigh, Nicki and Hans should all score heavily, so the title will be decided by the level of support that they receive lower down. ie Ryan, Todd and Travis / Rory against Bjarne, Charlie and Niels. For me the Danes just shade it, although it has all the makings of a classic if the meeting gets the racing surface that it deserves.

Apparently nobody fancies Sweden even though the Danes had almost nothing on us on tuesday. Well, suits us just fine to be the underdogs! :)