British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Swc Final Sat 22 July 2006

I have nothing against Middlo at all.  Surely the buck stops with the manager?

Come on Middlo as team manager you must give us the best chance of winning the cup on saturday Stead cant ride Smallmead Louis can bring in Loobie for Gods sake!!!!!

People please afterwards dont come on here and say what a great effort we put up heard it all for the last 5 years.

You got a funny way of showing it then VV every opportunity you get you are slating him :angry:

Think we should get off Middlo's back too - at least for the moment. He's produced a team to lose by one point against the Aussies, beat the Poles twice and comfortably get through to the final finishing a handful of points behind the pre-tournament favourites on a track which suited them.

Fair enough if we get embarrassed on Saturday have a go but remember we are ranked 4 in the world and will finish at least 4th come what may.

Like you say we are ranked 4th in the world not forgetting Poland won last year so we have beaten the returning champs jeeeeeeeez how on earth can we be embarrased Saturday we are in the bloody final for christ sake, there are some that had us written off before the event inc. the race off.

Apparently nobody fancies Sweden even though the Danes had almost nothing on us on tuesday. Well, suits us just fine to be the underdogs!  :)

Could be worse your manager could be getting the blame.

I'll bet my house that Mr Louis is in Saturdays squad :wink:

Can't blame Sir Middlo for this one if we lose, you all whinged enough to get him there if the jobs not done it's all down to popular demand of the fans not the manager, so Vega your neck on the block this time!!!!! None of this bull it's all down to the team all you've been saying is it's down to the manager, well now the manager has done what you wanted (although I think it was probably already decided)

Shazzy

If you and the other Team GB fans are happy with us reaching the final putting up a good effort but never winning then fine good luck to you all. I aint that is why I have been questioning Middlo as team manager of Team GB cos we never win anything simple as that.

As I said if you lot are happy with us showing plenty of spirit like Jonathan Green keeps saying and finishing second like we have done this week to Australia and last night Denmark then fair play to you all I really hope you enjoy it.

I am different I see it as winner takes all and no one remembering who finished 2nd or 3rd. We are all different so if you are going Saturday and Team GB dont win but you have a good day out then good luck to you all.

VV

Shazzy

If you and the other Team GB fans are happy with us reaching the final putting up a good effort but never winning then fine good luck to you all. I aint that is why I have been questioning Middlo as team manager of Team GB cos we never win anything simple as that.

As I said if you lot are happy with us showing plenty of spirit like Jonathan Green keeps saying and finishing second like we have done this week to Australia and last night Denmark then fair play to you all I really hope you enjoy it.

I am different I see it as winner takes all and no one remembering who finished 2nd or 3rd.  We are all different so if you are going Saturday and Team GB dont win but you have a good day out then good luck to you all.

VV

gb have absolutely no chance,but how can you blame middlo,we are just not good enough. either australia or denmark will win,and it will be a lot closer that the bookmakers odds suggest,crump and adams will score heavily,but sullivan didnt go to well at smallmead this year,mcgowan will be a bit out of his depth,and wiltshire will be up against a lot of other quick gaters

either australia or denmark will win,and it will be a lot closer that the bookmakers odds suggest,crump and adams will score heavily,but sullivan didnt go to well at smallmead this year,mcgowan will be a bit out of his depth,and wiltshire will be up against a lot of other quick gaters

So you don't really think it's Australia OR Denmark, going by your posting it will be Denmark :blink::P:wink:

So you don't really think it's Australia OR Denmark, going by your posting it will be Denmark  :blink:  :P  :wink:

i backed australia at 3/1 at the start and denmark at 7/2 yesterday.so either way i am happy.but to answer your question i probably would just favour denmark,assuming travis comes in for rory,and denmark remain the same,the combined averages,as per this weeks s.star are denmark 45.17 and australia 45.07

Now that's what I call covering ya ass :P except I would of put money on all of them ........................... each way :lol::wink:

Simon Stead is not up to GP quality racing and was found out last night.

He still has a few years left to improve a bit more but last night he was all over the place and found wanting.

Louis seems to be a lot of peoples choice, and his current league form is good. Whether or not he has wha it takes to cut he mustard we will find out.

Lets be honest enoough to say that of TeamGB manage to make it onto the podium tomorrow night, that must be seen a a huge victory.

Has Chris been drafted into the team then, as from seveal posts it seems he has?

Headline on the back of the Daily Echo here "Middlo Wields Cup Axe" - confirms that Stead has been dropped and Chris Louis has been named for tomorrow.

Middlo quoted as saying 'Simon has done tremondously well for me but sometimes it is a hard job being a team manager. You have to make tough decisions and this is one of them. Tonight Simon didn't make starts and at this level you can't afford to do that. Chris Louis is a trapper and hopefully he will show me that on Saturday".

Hopefully the full story will be on the Echo site later.

Edited by rabbit

Fantastic thanks

Hope I'm wrong but it would seem like the Aussies, if their big four go well and Travis supports, or the Danes who revel in the slick. Can only see GB challenging Sweden but will be there regardless to support.

Think we should get off Middlo's back too - at least for the moment. He's produced a team to lose by one point against the Aussies, beat the Poles twice and comfortably get through to the final finishing a handful of points behind the pre-tournament favourites on a track which suited them.

Fair enough if we get embarrassed on Saturday have a go but remember we are ranked 4 in the world and will finish at least 4th come what may.

We might have finished only a handful of points behind Denmark but we needed to use up all our sub options to do so.

Well if the Brits don't win tommorrow (and I still belive we can) would it be justice done, if whoever rides heat 25 for us holds up the Dane and lets through the Aussie on the first lap to let Australia win by one point? :P

Now what was it Hans Andersen said last night about what gos around comes around? :D

Edited by newbieoldboy

Now what was it Hans Andersen said last night about what gos around comes around? :D

When I watched the replay I thought exactly the same :rolleyes: