British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

A Riders Reputation Preceeeding Him

When Bjarne walked away, he was smirking, I think Chris said someone about not laughing when a rider falls and Scott then gave him some abuse Shame we could not hear what was said :D

Edited by SCB

Can anyone on here lip read, would love to know what scotty said to bjarne as he was walking away. :D

" What are you laughing at you bloomin bacon head ? "

Scott likes to say ' bloomin ' on the heat of the moment on tv, unlike Mr Andersen

Just why do they keep interviewing him like 8 times a meeting ? It's getting like when they used to interview Stoney every two minutes when Suzi Perry was doing the job

* And to anyone taking this post too seriously, i don't know what he said in actual fact, but i'd like to too Shirls :)

I'd like to know what Loram was thinking as Bjarne walked away. The expression on his face as looked at Nicholls was priceless and I don't think it was admiration for the way the captains role was being enacted :wink:

He obviously likes the attention, maybe he wants an acting job in the winter and he`s going to use his dummy spitting incident as an audition tape ?

Fair play to him he is riding well this season , but he just has one of those faces you rather not look at.

Most telling bit here is in the thread's title. REPUTATION. A reputation is earned on past history and previous incidents and he's had plenty.

But an incident should still be judged on its merit not on reputation.

Clearly the answer was to go down, maybe if Bjarne Pedersen had gone down the Spinka would have excluded Lee Richardson.

Was it only me or is Pearson getting more full of his own self importance. All this crap about 1st bend bunching is a bit annoying. 'See I was right' and ' a number of refereees have said I have a point', who cares to be honest, his job is to commentate not massage his ego on screen. He is a fine commentator and I hope he sticks to that rather than telling us all how great he is

Edited by Chris Brown

live by the sword, die by the sword......

TOO TRUE Deks!!!

Was it only me or is Pearson getting more full of his own self importance. All this crap about 1st bend bunching is a bit annoying. 'See I was right' and ' a number of refereees have said I have a point', who cares to be honest, his job is to commentate not massage his ego on screen. He is a fine commentator and I hope he sticks to that rather than telling us all how great he is

Got to agree with you on that.

The man went apoplectic in the race-off about the 'first bend' stuff until Harris was involved in a similar situation and then suddenly went quiet on the subject.

Have to praise the way that he plays his PR card for British domestic speedway in his commentary though.Never misses a chance to promote the league programme.

When the alternative is Tony Millard though, Pearson suddenly becomes a star!!! ;)

TOO TRUE Deks!!!

well tonight the sword triumphed , Hans Andersen captain of the World Cup winners :P

Edited by boxer123

I am no fan of hans andersen but that exclusion tonight was nothing short of daylight robbery.

Sometimes referees take a riders reputation into consideration before making a decision.

the exclusion was a terrible refereeing decision.

Agree 100% Ruckeroo, I was pretty much in front of the riders as they approached the bend and Hans was clearly leading, but I never expected any other decision than the referee would exclude him, the crowd would have gone mental otherwise.

I was absolutely anti towards Andersen at the start of the season, mainly on his performance in SWC at Poole, but really like him as a rider now, as to losing his temper then whilst not defending him it was perhaps understandable as it looked like giving the Aussies the initiative in the meeting, although in hindsight probably avoided Crump taking a 6 point ride in heat 20.

Denmark were the best team on the night and Andersen and Crump looked a class above, shame Crumpy came off on last bend, he didn't deserve to finish off the rostrum.

well tonight the sword triumphed , Han Andersen captain of the World Cup winners

I don't bloody care! lol That was one for all the danes, nowt to do with us brits!!!!

I don't bloody care!  lol  That was one for all the danes, nowt to do with us brits!!!!

I dont care if you dont care :D Hans was the man!!

I dont care if you dont care

I don't care if you don't care that I don't care ... so there :P

I'll never ever support that bloke, however good he is ............. and I don't care that you don't care that I don't!

I don't care if you don't care that I don't care ... so there  :P

I'll never ever support that bloke, however good he is ............. and I don't care that you don't care that I don't!

oh well saves me replying them :D

it looked like giving the Aussies the initiative in the meeting, although in hindsight probably avoided Crump taking a 6 point ride in heat 20.

This is a good point, would it have made a difference in the end ? Who knows ?, but still an interesting point.