British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

A Riders Reputation Preceeeding Him

Still no reason to go f****ng and blinding though is it,pride or no pride. So your saying if you have kids and a decision goes against them they should go of kicking walls and F****ng and blinding. Thats the point I'm making irrespective of what nation you are representing. Don't forget Speedway is a family sport and a lot of kids look up to there favourite riders,who should set a good example.

Not condoning his behaviour, BUT perhaps the cameras needed to pan away then, oh no much too good TV for that.

Not condoning his behaviour, BUT perhaps the cameras needed to pan away then, oh no much too good TV for that.

Nah, let's see their true colours shining through :P

I have been, and always will be, a Denmark fan. Nope, I wasn't born there and I don't have Danish parents, but when I first started going to Speedway (1983), the best riders in the world were Danish. So I started supporting them.

So who did you want to win the football world cup?

QUOTE(Trees @ Jul 23 2006, 12:40 PM)

Am I bovvered ............... 

You sound bothered 

Who won the 06 WTC? :neutral:

Not blindly, without question, and "because everyone else is", no!

You support the Brits if you want to, and not because bombastic tunnel-visioned folk say you should, IMO!

I just thought it's good for british people to support their fellow brits in the WTC, if we don't support our riders who will, the danes? the swedes? the aussies? the poles? I have my doubts! LOL

Still no reason to go f****ng and blinding though is it,pride or no pride. So your saying if you have kids and a decision goes against them they should go of kicking walls and F****ng and blinding. Thats the point I'm making irrespective of what nation you are representing. Don't forget Speedway is a family sport and a lot of kids look up to there favourite riders,who should set a good example.

I'm sorry, after last night and the behaviour, language and sportsmanship of the English fans, no one can say they speedway is a family sport.

Actually is that not Sky's fault? I don't think Hans would ever do it in front of an audience, or after a meeting, but in the heat of a moment, in the middle of a moment anyone can do it. In fact I'd say most riders HAVE done it.

Nah, let's see their true colours shining through  :P

Well then don't compalin when you hear a bit of bad language and venting of frustration. You can't have it both ways.

Sky are determined to make Hans the bad guy & have been since Scott made him a scapegoat for his failure 2 years ago.

Bomber leaned into Hans & laid his bike down when he realised he was being passed.

The commentary team & presenters are so biased its crazy & if they don't realise what a stupid time it is to stick a mic & camera in someones face they should know better.

They should concentrate on getting their race coverage up to scratch i.e. the camera actually following the action for a change.

Well then don't compalin when you hear a bit of bad language and venting of frustration. You can't have it both ways.

Didn't think I had Badge ........... Having said that I do hate the word **ck, it's crept into everyday language over the years whereas at one time it was only used on building sites, I certainly can never remember using it when I was young and certainly my husband didn't use it when I met him, but my kids use it every other word arghhhhhhhh.

I do hope that Chris Harris shows the danes how good a conference league rider he can be at every opportunity in the future :)

I do hope that Chris Harris shows the danes how good a conference league rider he can be at every opportunity in the future :)

Why who said he was??

I thought the comment was in reference to the refs decision??

I.E it was the World Cup Final, and hard riding and a little contact is part and parcel of it, but wouldn't be acceptable in the Conference.

It looked to me that the ref didn't even look at the reply properly!! Decision was made straight away!!

Are refs advised to look at replays for all major decisions? Surely it's far better to spend the time and review rather than making any instant decision, as some football refs now know to their cost...

Considering he is the product of the Conference league we/he should all be dead proud of having made it to the SWC. Thus proving maybe the Conference league is working and will throw up the odd world class rider. (altho i think he has some way to go, he's definitely on the way)

What Hans was getting at by quoting "this isnt conference league" is that riders at this level shouldnt be craping themselves everytime someone goes near them.

You should be able to race and race hard without the others riders taking a dive in the hope of getting someone excluded, i like both Hans and Bomber but Chris in my humble opinion made a bit of a fool of himself when he said he had his leg taken away when he clearly hadnt, what would he have said of they had shown him the replay at that point?

End of the day it was harsh to exclude either rider as it was almost six of one half dozen of the other but i guess the ref viewed it as Chris left the door open, Hans took the gap and Chris then having realised his mistake tried to get accross knowing Hans momemtum would take him into him.