British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

They Blew It!

at the end of the day, finishing second, third or fourth means nothing, every rider out there wanted to win it, anything other than that doesn't really matter

Exactly, winning is everything in this competition. I'd have thought Jason would have been frustrated that Hans was beating him, gave it the biggun but it didn't come off, it probably was a personal thing to him bearing in mind that the little pipsqueak beat him in the last GP.

Private Dancer

Get yer facts right mate how long you been going speedway. Floppy rode for Reading in 1995 and he only done a few meetings for them round Smallmead as he broke his leg in the Overseas Final at Coventry in June of that year. He has ridden for Eastbourne for nearly all of his career apart from a spell at Ipswich 1990-1992.

VV

The only thing McGowan's got a justifiable cause to be upset about, it's his exclusion in his final heat - Crump scored four times as many points as McGowan. Crump didn't lose the Australians anything - McGowan, Adams and Sullivan are the culprits, if anyone is. Crump kept Australia in the hunt and he was let down by his team mates.

Couldn't agree more. Adams was below par, Sullivan is no-where near the world number 3 he was a few seasons ago, and McGowan always looked a weak link for them.

Wiltshire comes out of the meeting with a lot of credit, especially after his awful looking crash in his first heat...

I still say David Norris would of achieved more. Afterall it was his own track for around 10 seasons.

So how come whenever most of us think of Eastbourne David Norris is one of the first riders you think of associated with them along with Martin Dugard and the Kennett Brothers. :blink:

Apart from a short spell donkeys years ago at Reading Eastbourne is his Home :wink:

I said at the time Jason would want to beat Hans because he is likely to be world champion and as Hans has won the only GP he has been in and then beat him tonight, would his inevitable World Championship title then be a hollow one especially if Hans also wins the Scandinavian GP as well.

Crump doesn't care about second - winning is all that matters to men like him.

I see your point Subedei, but remember it was SWC NOT SGP. What matters in SWC is your team, NOT your personal glory.

I wonder what would you say if Crump's charge on Andersen would cost YOUR team the silver medal, which after all was in his pocket had he stay behind Andersen.

cant understand why Australia didnt put out their strongsest team, surely Craig Boyce as one of the best gaters in the league should have been in their side from the start instead of prancing about in the pits with a programme board

Crump was the rider to get Australia in with a chance !! All SWC he was only headed by Richardson until the last heat !!

The guy just wants to win !!!! Lets be honest what is 2nd / 3rd in the World Cup NOTHING !!!

Although I have to say I was quite happy as TEAM GB got 3rd and it disappointed a number of the Crump fans who must be the most irratating in the sport !!!!

Team GB were just not good enough FACT !!!!

Nicholls proved that he can mix it with the big guns and the positive for him is that if he maintains that style of riding he will guarantee his SGP place next season.

Richardson like his season was inconsistent on one of his former tracks.

Loram is a racer and gating is not his strength thus struggled in the SWC Final.

Louis strangely could not gate and just struggled throughout meeting ..

Harris - Missed the start and that was that. At that level you cant afford too .... then in last two rides at least competitive.

As for Floppy he has struggled with his engines all season and not been the dominant force .. he has been. But he is comong back from a head injury and no doubt confidence a little low with e/f and the alike. His last Smallmead visit was a 4+1 return I believe.

Edited by Hackett

I see your point Subedei, but remember it was SWC NOT SGP. What matters in SWC is your team, NOT your personal glory.

I wonder what would you say if Crump's charge on Andersen would cost YOUR team the silver medal, which after all was in his pocket had he stay behind Andersen.

I don't particularly care about finishing second either. But, had it been my team, I'm inclined to believe I would still exclude Crump from any blame and look at the team mates - Crump from 4 completed rides scored 4 points more than any of his team mates, one of whom is clearly world class (Adams). Had Crump stayed on board and collected 4 points (Joker ride), he'd have scored double the points any of his team mates had scored. Crump didn't let anyone down last night. And he rarely lets anyone down, except for those who want to see him fail.