British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
silver_phoenix

Inexcusable Behaviour...

Drinking alcohol is a privilidge that sports like speedway and cricket enjoy because everyone generally behaves themselves but that could easily be taken away.

It wont be a full proof answer (no pun intended) so there should also be notices saying that bad langauge or anti social behavoir wont be tolerated, of course there would need to be stewards clearly marked at the tracks to aid this.

It has to be nipped in the bud before speedway becomes like football where you have whole familiys (not just adults) shouting and gesticulating at the oposition players simply because they are the other team.

There is no place for bottle throwing in Speedway or indeed in society BUT the antagonistic behaviour  of N Pedersen & Andersen is always going to make them more of a target than the average rider in the event that there are those in the crowd who don't know where to draw the line. Fortunately over 99% of Speedway fans are intelligent enough to know where to draw the line.

Congratulations to the three civilised members of the Danish team on their win.

The best team won on the night, but I can't bring myself to congratulate N Pedersen or Andersen until they learn how to behave.

I fully agree with Jancarz. That sort of behavior cannot be tolerated, but same goes for N Pederson and H Andersen, their antics were a disgrace. Not only did they shame speedway and their country, but for once I felt sorry for Ole Olsen. They behaved like wind- up bully boys. We also had decisions go against us in this World Cup, but we didn't spit the dummy and use foul and abusive language on camera for all the world to see. The remark by Hans Andersen with regard to Chris Harris was totally out of order. "This is not the Conference League".........it showed a lack of respect for a fellow rider. Over the years I have seen some shameful stunts pulled against Gt Britain, these guys come over here to earn their living and to improve their speedway, what do we get in exchange......a kick in the teeth, time after time. It didn't help matters when H. A made some very rude gestures to the crowd. While not condoning their reaction to it, just maybe that sparked it all off. The best team won on the night, but surely Pedersen and Andersen should be up for bringing the sport into disrepute. But I suppose its a case of "it's all right to have a go at the Brit's" ........The rest have always a string of excuses ready to trot out. I had thought that Pedersen and Andersen had changed their ways this year, but it seems they havn't. The pair of them are sly, arrogent, selfish and disrespectful to speedway and their fellow riders.

Congratulations Denmark, the best speedway team won, but not the best sportsmen (N.P. and H. A.)

It still is and always will be a family sport - don't let the antics of a few idiots cloud your judgement.

All-day drinking will always have this type of incident. there are idiots in all walks of life, where should speedway be any different.

Which shows these people cant handle there drink ,and should STOP DRINKING alcohol. :mad: Oh it was the drink that mad me do it,thats NO EXCUSE ,SORRY.

Over the years I have seen some shameful stunts pulled against Gt Britain, these guys come over here to earn their living and to improve their speedway, what do we get in exchange......a kick in the teeth, time after time.  It didn't help matters when H. A made some very rude gestures to the crowd.  While not condoning their reaction to it, just maybe that sparked it all off.  The best team won on the night, but surely Pedersen and Andersen should be up for bringing the sport into disrepute.  But I suppose its a case of "it's all right to have a go at the Brit's" ........  The pair of them are sly, arrogent, selfish and disrespectful to speedway and their fellow riders.

Congratulations Denmark, the best speedway team won, but not the best sportsmen (N.P. and H. A.)

308.gif308.gif308.gif

If you hate Hans and Nicki have a go, if you hate Hans and Nicki have a go!!

Rearrange the words ",Loser,bad,A,You,Like,Sound"..

Simple answer is ban alcohol from the stadium.

But then judging by the threads that build up prior to Cardiff, it seems that that is the main reason for people to go to the g.p. there.

At least, it seemed that the main argument pro Cardiff / against Wembly earlier this year was the lack of pubs/bars.

Whatever happened to going to speedway to watch speedway.

I wasn't at Reading last night but i heard the booing of the Danish anthem on Sky and i too felt ashamed that it came to that.

Edited by THE CONCRETE COWBOY

I see this all as a great shame. A shame we have come to this, after years upon years of friendlyness between all supporters. A shame that a mindless minority are ruin the pleasure for everyone else. A shame that you have to think twice before letting your children come to one of these meetings in the future because of the bad language etc.... And finally a great shame that we cannot rid ourselfs of these mindless idiots.

So what happens next? Someone gets stabbed, someone gets glassed/bottled?

Ordo we stand up to these thugs and barr them? And the debate which is a sad state of affairs, but do we allow alcahol to be served?

Edited by Private Dancer

I see this all as a great shame. A shame we have come to this, after years upon years of friendlyness between all supporters. A shame that a mindless minority are ruin the pleasure for everyone else. A shame that you have to think twice before letting your children come to one of these meetings in the future because of the bad language etc.... And finally a great shame that we cannot rid ourselfs of these mindless idiots.

So what happens next? Someone gets stabbed, someone gets glassed/bottled?

Ordo we stand up to these thugs and barr them? And the debate which is a sad state of affairs, but do we allow alcahol to be served?

I might of guessed you would have come out with a posting like this.

It was a one off incident, but you then go on to speak about someone might get stabbed.

Crazy!!!

As always, you are the forum drama queen.

I might of guessed you would have come out with a posting like this.

It was a one off incident, but you then go on to speak about someone might get stabbed.

Crazy!!!

As always, you are the forum drama queen.

A one off incident eh? Didn`t we here of something similar to this only last month?

And things can easily get out of hand. One day it might just be a glass bottle, the next it could be far worse, unless there is a hard nosed stance to such behavouir. Surely you should know that?

308.gif308.gif308.gif

If you hate Hans and Nicki have a go, if you hate Hans and Nicki have a go!!

Rearrange the words  ",Loser,bad,A,You,Like,Sound"..

We lost we'll get over it we always do!!! and we'll be back again next year cheering TEAM GB on again :approve:

We lost we'll get over it we always do!!! and we'll be back again next year cheering TEAM GB on again  :approve:

Of course you will :approve: , that's the spirit,we been doing the same for almost 10 years now, and as a Leeds fan i know exactly what you mean :D

Hmmmm - now what was it .....Oh yeah 'Support Team GB and show you're proud to be British'.......................................Not as long as people think that 'Supporting Team GB' involves that sort of behaviour thanks!  :mad:

Proud to be British?  :blink:

I dont think that supporting Team GB involves that sort of behaviour.

The mindless few - NOT all GB fans

Any decent fan will see that not all British fans are the same as these louts  :approve:

Agreed

English lout please.

Why english - do you know them all, can you be sure they are English - NO! :mad:

Why does everyone try and put us all in one basket.

Out of the 1,000's of fans there last night it was the midless few spoiling it for others.

Then you come on a forum like this and other and yuo seem to get the immpression that ALL GB/English fans are bad to the core.

Get some perspective folks.

Get rid of the rot and leave the good ones to carry on being proud of our country - faults and all. :D

A one off incident eh? Didn`t we here of something similar to this only last month?

And things can easily get out of hand. One day it might just be a glass bottle, the next it could be far worse, unless there is a hard nosed stance to such behavouir. Surely you should know that?

So you are now going to reply by saying that there is a problem slowly creeping into the sport?

Well it's so slow that we have probably had about 4 incidents in 10 years.

Sorry but I don't see that as any problem at all. All I say is deal with those that offended and let that be an end to it.

How would you deal with it. Stop all alcohol at a speedway meeting?

Get some perspective please.

I don't supose you will though, because as ever you are the forum drama queen.

Why english - do you know them all, can you be sure they are English - NO!  :mad:
Yes the only jock was in pits, so that left only those well known engerrrrrrluuuund hooligans to cause trouble.

Drinking alcohol is a privilidge that sports like speedway and cricket enjoy because everyone generally behaves themselves but that could easily be taken away.

I beg to differ.

I work within walking distance of Lancashire County Cricket Club, and some them are an absolute disgrace.

In particular the hoo-rays who take over the metro-station on their sozzled way back to Wilmslow, Alderley edge and the Home counties ...