British Speedway Forum

Think this should be a good meeting, not sure why so few people are tipping Doolan for the final, I'm more than hopeful he'll be there.

If he turns up with the right head on(which I think is most meetings for him anyway)he will at least make the semis I reckon.

Sorry to have to do 2 consecutive posts lol but does anyone know who the reserves are going to be or will we basically find out as we turn up?

The Newcastle Chronicle is quoting George English as saying that Stancl will have to declare tonight if he is fit enough to compete at Sheffield. Stancl returned home to the Czech Republic during the week to see his doctor. He is still unsure and may then have to be replaced. Christian is still injured, James may not be available so I hope the replacement will be Pepe Franc. He will do himself and the club justice and hopefully end our disappointing season on a higher note. :)

:blink::blink:

Sorry to have to do 2 consecutive posts lol but does anyone know who the reserves are going to be or will we basically find out as we turn up?

i asked this a few days ago and had no replys ...so i guess we find out at the meeting

i asked this a few days ago and had no replys ...so i guess we find out at the meeting

The reserves are usually sheffield juniors . Last year benji compton got a couple of rides when gary stead had to pull out .

anyone know how much it is to get in???

anyone know how much it is to get in???

£14 i think .

But never mind that is it going to be dry - cause in glasgow its p1ssing down and i plan to leave soon .

Edited by Paulco

Are there live updates on the meeting, for those of us unable to get there?

I looked on the Met office rainfall radar, and there looks to be rain heading northwards today, hopefully it will not be too heavy and spoil the meeting.

Good luck to Doolan and Topinka.

Yeh good luck DOOLAN & TOPINKA, Im just hoping they dont get injured or anything as Lynn still have a lot to ride for this year.

It is actually raining at the moment, in fact it's just started to chuck it down! It's going from just being in the air to as it is now! The BBC weather website seems to think that the band of rain should have passed Sheffield by 1pm, so I'm pretty confident that it will be on. Those of us who have been to recent matches have also witnessed the amazing job that the track staff have done to create a competative track when we've had a torrential downpour at 3pm!

So I say, don't be put off, get yourselves to Sheffield to cheer on your boys! :D

I believe it'll cost £14 to get in (as Paulco) suggested, but expect an extra charge of £2/£2.50 for a programme.

Thanks Redcar Bears, I'll look in as I'm already registered on your Forum when I was following the recent Redcar v Kings Lynn match.

Rainfall radar can be viewed on this link.

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/index.html

Looks like the rain is passing through on its way North. Hopefully the Sheffield track staff will have enough time to get the track raceable.

Are there live updates on the meeting, for those of us unable to get there?

Updates will also be available Here (Thread will be set up soon)