British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Bank's Olympique

I know Tai is Aussie... but he competed at the British U18 thingy didn't he? Explain that. Also Aussie's seem to sneak around the DU rule somehow, grandparents?... see Matt Wethers.

Yeah of the guys averaging about 4.3ish Pjiper looked a better option than Nermark, Hefenbrock & Correy.

Hefenbrock I think's a decent gater and has great potential but needs a season in the PL IMO. If he dropped either Sweden or Poland, then that may sway my decision.

Having looked at PL averages Pjipers also only on 3.7ish EL anyway.

Edited by Col

PK is a much better gater than he used to be SCB, but he has never been a brilliant starter, far from it. Especially at home!
He may not be quite as godo a gater as he once was but I bet he never gives anyone a 20 metre advantage!! Now that would be fun!!!

Seriously, it was great to see him carve his way through the field (tho he was certainly hard on poor Chris Kerr!!!) and speedway would be massive if he had to do that kind of thing every week! He should copy Bomber Harris (who I believe is as fast as any of the top 5 in the EL averages once he has got the the 1st bend) and miss the start completly and have to come from 4th a couple of times a meeting.

But Tai is an Aussie.
He was born in Scunthorpe to British parents. He has only lived in Australia for about 13 years. Be like saying I'm English as I live here!! No bloody way!!! :P:blink:

Theo was class tonight.  He got better and better as the night went on.  And he proved SCB wrong, so that's got to earn him a vote in most peoples eyes.  :D  :P
I could call him some names, I think I'll stick with Pijper tho!

(tho he was certainly hard on poor Chris Kerr!!!)

And Pijper, who could have easily have run into the back of PK entering turn 4, last lap in their race.

If PK'd been excluded in that heat it would have meant a run off between PK & Lindgren which would have been interesting.

Edited by Col

Does anyone know why Adam Skornicki withdrew from the meeting?

Precaution I'd imagine. Kling lost it underneath him in his first race and he took a heavy tumble, competed in the re-run but was obviously shaken.

Tai was listed as Aussie in the programme. He claims to be Aussie. Lewis said that he had to win the U18's so that we didn't have to hear the Aussie national anthem. :P If he has an Aussie passport then he can ride under the Aussie flag if he wants to...but he shouldn't have ridden in the Bristish U18's.

When Adam fell I thought he'd possibly just winded himself by falling on his back. I'm sure Porkie said he'd hurt his hip though. He did limp his way back to the pits. He rode in the re-run apparently okay, but then pulled out of the meeting. I would suggest that it may be just bruising, and it wasn't worth riding with some pain from it.

Billy was below his best, but made hard work of it with two false starts. He went 15m back in his first, and strangely in his last be waas only put back an extra 10m instead of 15m. That put him 25m back though. He would have been in with a shot at 3rd place but for those false starts.

Christian rode very well to get himself a run off for 3rd.

Theo was very good, as I said yesterday. He deserved 3rd in the end.

Chris Kerr did okay, without really impressing in any of his rides. I think he ended up on the boards rather than choosing to go out there. :D

PK was, as much as I'd like to find fault, brilliant. He was almost caught by Freddie, who was the quicker of the two when they met. Also, he needed a last gasp dive to pass Theo. He almost caused Theo to go down, and was a tad fortunate to get away with that one. A second would have been enough to win the title anyway, but you can't stop a racer.

David rode well for his chance at a rostrum place, but never looked like getting on terms in the run-off.

Lewis again showed his liking if the Monmore cirsuit, until a little lack of experience showed in his last. The wide outside run wasn't quite working as it was a little bit dry. He went for the big blast and was actually losing a bit of ground to record a disappointing last place. Has the track had a bit of moisture in it to bind the dirt on the outside I think he'd have gone around at least two of them. A good show all the same, and this kid is great to watch. :approve:

Kenneth looked quite impressive winning, but did nothing otherwise.

William went about his business quitely. I didn't really notice him, but 7 from 4 starts is a good return. He didn't start his 4th ride for some unknown reason.

Daniel started and ended well on his return, but struggled to make passes in his middle 3 rides.

Adam was pretty poor, but I'm still not sure he's 100% fit. A nasty looking fall in his second didn't help. He locked up and fell on the first turn, as the flying Freddie came steaming into the turn at much higher speed. Freddie was able to react but still gave him a whack.

Ronnie did okay, again without really doing anything special.

Claus ad Ricky struggled against this opposition, and simply would be outclassed at EL level. Ricky did look like he would go down sometime soon in his first two, but held off William for a good win in his third.

Freddie put on a good solid display but got himself slightly boxed in at times. He wasn't quite as good as PK through the traffic. Almost caught PK when they met, and would have had him if he'd got one more corner to make up for a poor start.

Adam started well, and looked pretty quick in his first. He could have challenged for the rostrum I think.

Jack and Tai both did okay to score when taking reserve rides.

Perhaps the weakest Olympique I can think of, just off the top of my head, but it was ok. With a lot of teams in action that's just the way it worked out this year.

Chris Kerr did okay, without really impressing in any of his rides.  I think he ended up on the boards rather than choosing to go out there.  :D

The ride where he rounded Nermark and one of the Scandanavians who had a head start on him, when they were jostling for position mid/low track was pretty good I thought.

I enjoyed the meeting. It had a lot of stop starts which dragged it out a bit but the racing was all there despite the fact it was a weak lineup. Well done to all involved, and I hope Adam is OK after he fell off quite akwardly earlier on.

PK = AMAZING :approve:

Tai Woffiden Signing for us WOOOOHOOOO! :D

Didnt they say Skornicki was withdrawing because of illness? Or did I just mis-interprate something that was said?!

Does anyone know why Adam Skornicki withdrew from the meeting?

Adam was advised by the track doctor to pull out of the meeting because he was dazed after the crash.

He may not be quite as godo a gater as he once was but I bet he never gives anyone a 20 metre advantage!!  Now that would be fun!!!

Seriously, it was great to see him carve his way through the field (tho he was certainly hard on poor Chris Kerr!!!) and speedway would be massive if he had to do that kind of thing every week!  He should copy Bomber Harris (who I believe is as fast as any of the top 5 in the EL averages once he has got the the 1st bend) and miss the start completly and have to come from 4th a couple of times a meeting.

He was born in Scunthorpe to British parents.  He has only lived in Australia for about 13 years.  Be like saying I'm English as I live here!!  No bloody way!!!  :P  :blink:

I could call him some names, I think I'll stick with Pijper tho!

SCB.. read what I said.. he is a much better gater now than he USED to be. We've, luckily, had 16 years of watching PK carve his way through the field!

1996 was his best year for this, he would miss the gate at Monmore 80% of the time yet finished the season average 10.5

Guest Babe619

Did anyone like (or notice) the start-girl outfits? :unsure::)

It was an ok meeting. I don't think it was as good as last year though but there were a few other teams riding on the same night.

It was enjoyable though.

Oh and superguest, I will eventually get rid of the hat!! :wink::P

Edited by Babe619

Did anyone like (or notice) the start-girl outfits?

It was an ok meeting. I don't think it was as good as last year though but there were a few other teams riding on the same night.

It was enjoyable though.

Oh and superguest, I will eventually get rid of the hat!!  :P

How can you say that, hes meant to be a friend :o:lol:

Oh and start line outfits were cool, OWAMI?, quite well thanks B)